Did you mean: 

99cent bid.. do I have to sell my product at 99cents

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: 99cent bid.. do I have to sell my product at 99cents

@dssr-30 wrote:

99 cent bid... do I have to sell my product at 99 cents?

Yes, if you only ever get one bid on that auction, because that was your opening price and you do not have a Reserve price set (which we would not recommend anyway, as it costs money regardless of whether the item sells).

Go into your listing now, before bids come in and lock things up, and change your opening price to whatever amount you would sell it for if it only ever got one bid, and then every bid after that is gravy.

Also rearrange your first two photos so that the main photo shows all three figures, followed by a closeup of each one in turn. Right now it looks like you have only one figure for sale rather than a lot of 3.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ya, that's why you never start an auction at $0.99 for everyday items.

Always start them at the price you want, so when you only get 1, you'll get what you want.

Now days, auctions are pretty much worthless, unless it's a rare, hard to find, sought after item.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@dssr-30 wrote:

Best way to sell your items for .99 is to have an auction starting at .99

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

If you are going to start at the price you want, you are best to list as a Buy It Now listing - fixed price. Many items do not sell in 7 days and you will do less work for the money with a renew until sold BIN listing.

If you are going to run an auction, you should start at the minimum you will accept for the item, which might be less than you want. But the Ebay auction is a relic of the past, used by some sellers who have a following with success but often a sell on a single bid situation which is not an auction in any real sense. Use it if you are underpricing for a quick sale to a bottom feeder, unless you know who your bidders are likely to be.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yep.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186297680358?itmmeta=01HR819XGT96T4X7A8KMZKGDSV&hash=item2b603501e6:g:7~8AA...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186294528815?epid=9029822418&itmmeta=01HR819XGTJKXDDSGTK1YZNN56&hash=item2b...

I should note, that on the first one I made $4.52, and the second one I made $5.10. After all fees and shipping on each.

So while it seemed dumb, these were drives that were listed as parts-only, and I was simply clearing inventory.  What I made is better than it being sent to salvage scrap.   10 bucks vs nothing.  No brainer.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

And that's exactly what he did.

To the OP:  Have you read anything at all about how eBay works?  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Never start an auction with eBay's recommended start price.

A while back in an eBay wacky moment. Sellers in the UK were being advised to start their auctions at 88p instead of the usual nonsense of 99p. This puzzled many until some bright spark worked out that 88p was at that time equal to 99c. It eventually reverted to the usual 99p.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dssr-30   

Yes, you have to sell the item for 99 cents (if the buyer pays).

And PLEASE revise the opening bid for your auction which is still active which also has an opening bid of 99 cents.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If you start an auction at .99 and only get 1 bid, than yes!

Please read about selling. Try "start selling" and "all about listings"

It is best to start any Auction at the lowest price you find acceptable. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hope you don't loose to much on the item...

So you can see your loss as marketing costs, investment on positive feedback for future good sales.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@woutinc  All due respect, can you please check the dates before adding and rehashing a lot of posts that already have replies.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 12
latest reply