cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with conversion

Hi fellas!

I'm fairly new to ebay, I started about 4 to 5 months ago. I wanted to start in a niche to minimize competition, so I figured automotive parts is as good as any. 

I've been struggling to get any sales, I've only gotten 2 sales so far. I learnt all the list best practicing from youtube and google, I created an html description from scratch, I work on SEO in my titles, images names, meta tags and alt tags. I've been getting a good amount of impressions and views on my listings. views are about 50 to 60 on my best listings and like 10 - 15 on my not so good ones. I have about 5 listings live, idk if that is too low. 

I would love some advice from you vastly more experienced sellers, if any of you could take a look at my listings and give me some solid advice, I'd reallllly appreciate it.

I'm start to think if I've given enough time to test out this niche and I should move on to a general store, what are your opinions?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Struggling with conversion

You're dropshipping.

Returns would be a pain.

I'd rather buy auto parts from a local B/M store.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@doubledwheels 

start in a niche to minimize competition

------------------------------------------

niche to minimize competition?

Thousands of auto parts sellers 

There are millions of auto parts listed on eBay.

Auto parts is far from a niche 🙃

You have 6 listings. Very small sampling to base decisions upon.

Does not appear to be anything "unique" or "hard to find".

Shipping via SpeedPAK from Pakistan?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What others have said.
We hate drop shippers.
Don't really care to buy from overseas if the item can be had easier and cheaper here (U.S.)
Auto parts are not a niche.
It's not easy finding a niche using auto parts either.  
And you have six listings.   
For what you are selling, you probably need 60,000

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Auto parts is a highly competitive category not a niche.

Ships from Pakistan is the kiss of death. That equals delay in a category in which fast delivery is usually desired,

It is unlikely that most Americans associate Pakistan with quality products, whether they are of quality or not.

It is unlikely that they will buy from a seller who clearly is not in the auto parts business. Auto parts retailers either have huge selection or limit their selection to a single brand of part.

For subtle or obvious reasons, you are not a vendor they will buy from.

Many auto parts sellers online live out of their  supplier's inventory without drop shipping. They can get product the same day from a local supplier, and ship themselves. Their supplier provides them with access to an up to date inventory.

You went down the wrong path. You can try again, but you need to understand the supply chain and the market to succeed.

It is hard to succeed on Ebay for a seller based in the US, who knows what selling in the US is about. It is 10x harder when you are not in this country.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Okay, now i do realize that auto parts isn't really a niche, but I'm competitively priced, generally lower than the top sellers. I would probably shift to a general store then, as this isn't a niche anyways.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well, I am for better or for worse cursed to be born here lol. I'm dropshipping because I cannot at all economically ship anything myself from here to the US.  And there's no ebay here.

Anyways, thanks for the advice though!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I do understand that dropshipping is harder than regular selling, but I have seen a lot of chinese sellers shipping from china to the US, their prices aren't the lowest, their shipping times are like 35 to 40 days, but they still sell thousands. it's just weird.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@lackofd_55  most of those Chinese sellers are not "drop shippers"

They are the Chinese companies making or storing and shipping the items.

I can get anything in the US from a US shipper. I have never bought from China and waited....

I would never buy anything, especially car parts that I had to hope, gets here from another country.

I can just go down the street and get anything I want.

Drop shipping is not a viable option to be a long-term seller.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 9 of 9
latest reply