cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice Day for a Drive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful day here in northwest Arkansas so I got the '40 out for a drive.  Anyone else go for a drive today?

20220314_135821.jpg

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nice Day for a Drive

Arkie, the weather was very nice last weekend, Saturday went to the gun show in Idaho and bought a few things, then Sunday and Monday, took the Ford and Chevy out for a drive. Been using the El Camino for my daily driver.

07122020 Cruise (3).jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Awesome looking old Ford.  Nice.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I would have to clear out Quiet a bit of SNOW to get to

my Garage  & than make a Path to the Street ............yea

When  the Spring Thaw Comes.!

And then to make Sure I Can Drive my Merc. since I am babying

My Broken Right wrist, The Cast came off a couple of Day's ago

Now I have another support for my wrist & will be going to Physical therapy

soon.

Just my 3.5 cents

Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@Anonymous,

Nice `40, 5 window coupe.   Yesterday was nice here too, but it is also pot hole season, so all I did was take one of my babies out, did some maintenance and cleaned her up.  She's my regular driver in the summer.

Scan_20211205 (2).jpg

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You know I'm a Nomad fanatic don't you?  I've owned my '56 for 31 years, 300,000+ miles so far!

VideoCapture_20210915-142240.jpg

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Wow, what a showoff you are.  Showing off that you can actually afford to buy gas and go for a drive. 😀

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I'd be curious to know the service history taking that vehicle to 300k miles.  Sounds interesting!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Arkie, the weather was very nice last weekend, Saturday went to the gun show in Idaho and bought a few things, then Sunday and Monday, took the Ford and Chevy out for a drive. Been using the El Camino for my daily driver.

07122020 Cruise (3).jpg

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@Anonymous,

I just saw your post.  Very Nice `56, I always liked the bullet tail lights and the hidden gas fill neck behind the left tail light. I also like the very tapered rear wheel opening on that year's cars.  That being said, the front end reminds me too much of a Ford front end.  I do not have a photo of it, but a guy who lived across the street from the shop/storage space I used to have, Replaced the front end of his `56, with one from a `55. To me it was the best of both models. 

Mine is a 3 owner, matching numbers Speed package version. it has the 265 ci. engine (no oil filter) with a Carter 4bbl and dual exhaust, 180hp rated. It has a power glide transmission, the shift sequence is

P-N-D-L-R.  I never let it be parked by a valet or parking lot attendant.

Three years ago I missed literally by minutes a Free `58 Nomad, listed on Craig's List. It had been buried in a barn on a property whose owner had died without any relatives.  The real estate agent who bought the property from the county, only 6 miles away, discovered it and not having any idea of what he had listed it for free on Craig's. I was driving down the road with my trailer as someone else passed me going the other way with it. I flagged him down and checked it out.  Body engine undercarriage all looked good. some rust but mostly surface.  The interior upholstery, carpet and all of the window rubs were a mess. Rats had been living in it.

The only thing that softened the blow of missing out on it, was the other stuff the owner was throwing into a roll off dumpster.  Among them the grill and headlights w/ supports for a `33 Chevy deluxe, 6 steel and ceramic advertising signs and other cool stuff he hadn't gotten to yet. I helped him for 12 hours over that weekend,  loading up my traiIer  with stuff he was going to toss. I guess the millennial goof never saw the show American Pickers. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your '55 is my very favorite color combo for that year.  They just look perfect in that.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would gladly drive your El Camino daily!  Both super nice cars!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does eBay mark this as "solved?"  I didn't realize it was a problem in need of a solution.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Is this the same car on Facebook Marketplace that I just purchased for $1500.00 in eBay Gift Cards?

(Just kidding.) 

(It was $1750.00 in eBay Gift Cards. . ..)

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Arkie, you would have to arm wrestle the youngest grandson for it. He gets it for keeps when he turns 18 in about 20 months. He's driven a few times and has won 3 trophies with it.

I sure like both of yours and I know how special both are to you. If you get a chance to stop in Facebook, go to "Ye Olde Car Club ~Tri-Cities" You can visit with quite a few of the old Motors people. How is the family?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@Anonymous,

I love the combo too.  I knew I had something special  the first day I had it on the road, after first replacing gaskets and the rear main seal and shining it up.  A guy in a Mercedes SLK pulled up to me at a light and said "That's a gorgeous car, what kind is it?" 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply