cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to the age of this forum, it will be locked in order to keep discussions revelent

please let ebay motors die in peace. It's not really worth keeping it alive

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Due to the age of this forum, it will be locked in order to keep discussions revelent

No, it needs more active posters.  Many motor questions end up on other boards.  

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

This forum lost it's support from long time members and posters a long time ago.... 

RIP

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

You don't  have to come here if you don't want to but please stop your campaign to close this board. Other people still use it. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Agree.  I don't see much posted here that could not be on other boards.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Why would a member think he has the power to close an Ebay board and use that as title to his thread? Weird.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

....looks like satire from one of the many members AND actual users of Motors that have tired of the poor performing site to me....

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Because a member has decided this is a 'poor performing site and should be closed' doesnt mean anybody agrees with him,especially Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

sorry... you're missing the point

i don't see where the word "closed" is accurate.... i see it more as "eBay please stop trying to prop this dead horse up and let it die"

if you don't Sell on Motors, Buy on Motors, Search on Motors, etc. I respectfully say that you can't appreciate the statements made

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

'if you don't Sell on Motors, Buy on Motors, Search on Motors, etc. I respectfully say that you can't appreciate the statements made"

I didnt realize that was a requirement. I have sold on Motors, several times, so is it ok with you if I stay?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

"please let ebay motors die in peace. It's not really worth keeping it alive"

eBay Motors is all that eBay is pushing. I hear ads for Motors constantly on the radio, & have for more than a year. When I had cable TV I saw commercials for Motors all the time. eBay has said Motors is seeing big growth.

I sell primarily on Motors, sales have been fine for years. I was up around 80% first quarter 2024 compared to first quarter 2023. Yes, Motors search is beyond bad, it is truly abysmal, and has been for a decade or more. The search has driven away (no pun intended) many potential buyers.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

i meant no disrespect to you and never asked you to leave did I?

Glad you are here to discuss as it's usually a ghost town....

The Motors site... not this forum is the core of the OP.... 

The Motors site has undergone a significant decline in commerce for everyone involved IMHO.....

The Gauranteed Fits update wasn't well thought out and suffers from severe keyword spamming.... yes, we are all aware here that's a violation... reports go nowhere with eBay deciding no violations made....

So the Search is now severely corrupted by clever keyword spamming by bad Sellers and eBay'sown version of Payola....

the search is now as worse as ever and has frustrated many Sellers to come and post here.....

Did you ever have a eBay video inserted to any of your listings? The much overexposed video was forced into every listing and is nothing more than lip service as gauranteed fit doesn't gaurantee fit anymore....

many Sellers have come here in the past 12 months with the same frustration.... as usual three people posted.... 

if you think they are spending money on it while it's profitable.... sorry I don't see eBay ever doing that....

when sports cards were all about dead on eBay... then they finally did something

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I agree.  Let it die in peace.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Are we talking about letting the board die, or eBay Motors overall?

How about you both explain in cognizant terms your complaints?  I know from reading the boards one or two of the motor sellers have brought up issues with the search and compatibility selector, but yes, there needs to be more participation by motor sellers if they want a "community".

What else? 

Sales are slow everywhere, not just motors.  We have many more choices now where to purchase or sell items.  I recently sold 2 vehicles locally on MP.  I did not have that choice 10 years ago.

Microsoft just updated my browser this morning, and now shows me the lowest price on the internet for an item...🤔

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

please clarify when you say " you both" , who are you addressing?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply