cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo!!

crazyd37
Enthusiast
I am wondering if anyone uses Yahoo as their email or homepage. I do and it has been extremely slow the last few days for me and am wondering if anyone has this same dilemma? Thanks, Dot PS My memory that I ordered came and I will try to install it this weekend. (I wish I could buy some memory for my brain too!!) I have a slight injury that is keeping me from getting the CPU on the table right now!
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Yahoo!!

beastranger
Enthusiast
Dot Mines been fine. Punk
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Thanks Punk!
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

Dot, Better let Ed do the lifting....... My sister-in-law has Yahoo for email and hers was fine yesterday. Must be you...... B-) & :x
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

jeffa1120
Enthusiast
I have noticed some slow spots at odd times - i think it was due to heavy traffic - most of the time no problems though. Also I noticed with their "updated" new openning page some eratic behaviour as to which page was selected (new or old) seems to have settled down now though. Jeff
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

elkozmo
Enthusiast
no probelms at all.. Bob
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

elkozmo
Enthusiast
except my spelling... Bob
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

untabubba
Enthusiast
Dot, My Yahoo runs like a top at home and at work. Have you ever "cleared" your internet "history"? Your computer stores alot of stuff when you surf. Maybe your storage files are "clogged"....I'm just guessing, but I was told to do the following procedure about once a week: along the top find: "Tools" scroll down to "Internet Options" find: "Temporary Internet Files" Click on: "Delete Files" Click on: "Delete Cookies" (doing this will mean you will have to "relog-in" to many of your favorite sites, but trust me you have TONS of cookies you don't use / want!) Finally, Click on "Clear History" Now I'm no computer geek, or tech head, I was told to do this......I KNOW it couldn't hurt! Also, do you have an anti-spy ware program, like Ad-Aware (available free on-line) or Norton SystemWorks "CleanSweep"? Believe me, you may have HUNDREDS of "megs" of crap clogging up your system. Marc
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

flaretired
Enthusiast
I use Yahoo as my secondary email and it is working fine for also. Chuck 🙂
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

My Yahoo is fine Wild Child, thanks for asking!;):^O CJ]:) With a fine Yahoo!!!
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

Marc, Since I don't save history of sites I have been to, I do all that stuff every night when I shut down from the day's activity. Like you said, "couldn't hoit". B-) & :x
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

untabubba
Enthusiast
.....I do all that stuff every night..... Pete, That's pretty ambitious. I find it a tad tedious to have to go through all the re-logs, but it's worth it to get rid of the sh*t AND the "trail" one leaves. I think many people don't realize how MUCH crap gets loaded into their computer when they surf. I have spy-ware EVERY SINGLE TIME I run my Ad-Aware! EVERYTIME! If you "86" the spyware you don't get pop-ups NEARLY as much...that's WHAT they are for (as I understand it) Marc aka "Mr. Clean" 😉
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yahoo!!

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Thanks to everyone. It must be me then... AGAIN! My computer deletes all that stuff automatically everytime I log off so there isn't anything stored. I only keep about 10 cookies each time too. This antique is just telling me its growing old I guess. Ed will have to lift the CPU for me tomorrow or over the weekend so I can install the new stuff. We'll have to see what the dr says!! Again, my thanks to all, Dot
Message 13 of 13
latest reply