cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritations #2

Woke up to snow this morning.....and laundry. B-)
Message 1 of 1,662
latest reply
1,661 REPLIES 1,661

Re: Irritations #2

THE APPLE STORE!!! GRRRRRR!!!! Went in there pick up an adapter for a xmas present and waited for a cashier. (no biggee right?.....WRONG) counter with 4 guys. 1 guy is working on someone;s phone, 2 are busy one opens up, I walk up, he asks me what I needed (politely) I say I want to pay for item, oh the 2 guys on the end will help you. (so it slips out of my mouth, 'oh for fork sake' (use your imagination what relly came out) So I wait.I take a seat, one opens up and as I stand up a girl jumps ahead of me. (not completely torqued over that) So what torqued me aside from the lack of enough cashiers? 15 *&^%$ employees and only 2 are cashiers. 2 for repairs,setup,etc, the REST are on the floor as sales staff!! 15 employees in this frikken store. Started the mall epic with a crappy mood to begin with as I've been waiting for over a month for some stuff to come about with the reserves.
Message 841 of 1,662
latest reply

Bid on and outbid on a particular boxcar only to get 2nd chance offer and buy it, only to go thru my stuff for a different reason and realize I already have it. Now you have saved money to use for something else. ]:) -- Edited by ginzokid at 12/09/2009 4:08 AM PST No, I bought it before realizing I had it already. -- Edited by dl85vette at 12/09/2009 6:43 AM PST
Message 842 of 1,662
latest reply

Our weather in november was comparible to october. Now it feels like January. -35 with windchill. BRRRRR.
Message 843 of 1,662
latest reply

we have had high 40s to low 50s already, been the hottest November on record and summer has only just started, who says there is no global warming, would be good if we could share the temps a little better. ]:)
Message 844 of 1,662
latest reply

You should be cooliong off soon......that giant iceberg is headed your way!!!!! Get into a boat, go out and chip off some ice for your drinks. That's what we Newfies do. There is even a company called "Iceberg" that makes vodka, gin and rum with iceberg water. They go out and harvest the ice. Really!!!! It's so pure and clear. I try to get some ice every year when the bergs are in the bay. B-) Pete is correct. Saw it on TV (Discovery?) showing them towing a small berg to port. Not sure how pricey the vodka is. Doesn't matter, my vodka days are over.... thankfully. -- Edited by dl85vette at 12/10/2009 7:31 AM PST
Message 845 of 1,662
latest reply

Only real problem is it's on the west coast side, we are on the east side of the country,and nowhere near the coast, only a few thousand Ks between it and us, I'm pretty sure it would melt before we got the ice home. ]:)
Message 846 of 1,662
latest reply

Isn't that what they make portable beer coolers for? ]:)
Message 847 of 1,662
latest reply

Bad news. Kim had a stroke yesterday at work. She is in the hospital as I right this. Prognosis is good. No paralysis but weakness on the left side. I'll be spending a lot of time away for now. Pete
Message 848 of 1,662
latest reply

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Kim is in our prayers. Keep us informed when you get the chance and take care.
Message 849 of 1,662
latest reply

g-pa1
Enthusiast
Our prayers, too, go out to your family in this very stressful time. Hope all turns out well. Gene
Message 850 of 1,662
latest reply

Thinking of you both I'm sure all will be well, she is a strong woman, she probably just needs a break. ]:)
Message 851 of 1,662
latest reply

All the best to a speedy recovery. Take care.
Message 852 of 1,662
latest reply

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Pete said her weakness is improving and that Princess is devastated. Keep up the good thoughts and prayers for her and if he emails me again, I will let you know.
Message 853 of 1,662
latest reply

Dot,thanks for the encouraging information from Pete. Pete,we have your wife and you in our thoughts and pray that all comes out well for her. Jack
Message 854 of 1,662
latest reply

flaretired
Enthusiast
Sorry to here about Kim. I'm sure she will recover fine with you at her side Pete. Chuck
Message 855 of 1,662
latest reply