cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay stealing sellers money to invest for 21 days

eBay is taking sellers money and holding it to invest and make interest for a month even after all criteria is met to release funds such as confirmed delivery and comments from the buyers saying they are happy with the item purchased as described, and they are keeping the item and moving on with their lives. So even with no possibility for risk for a return case eBay still fraudulently refuses to give the seller their ritefully earned money (your money!) and they refuse to release it until almost a full month, then knowing 3-5 extra buisness days are needed after the release point after they make their interest on your money, it ends up being a entire month, while sellers are desperate for their money to live. 
This is one of the main reasons why PayPal just parted ways with eBay. Because of all the major complaints of fraud and corruption that PayPal always got towards them but it was actually always ebays corrupt practices all along. PayPal had no choice but to part ways with eBay. This is all true.. the process of PayPal completely leaving eBay is almost fully complete as of 4-20-21... and anyone who has their money stolen from them for a whole month knows this is true. Once again this is all happening even after the buyer leaves all necessary positive feedback immediately rite after receiving their item only days later, and even reaches out to eBay additional times to help the seller get paid saying they are extremely happy and keeping the item nomatter what and to please pay the deserving seller. eBay still wont pay the sellers after all that criteria is met and obvious, they hide behind a made up 21day which ends up being a month long policy, even though policy criteria has obviously been met. They still keep the sellers money all month long to invest and make thousands in profit after putting all the sellers money from the same timeframe into a quick high interest making investment, and they do not care if that money means a seller being able to pay your bills or being able to eat, or feed your children. #ebayiscorrupt 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I can't say either way as to the truth of your statement, but eBay categorically deny this, see announcements page

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It is important to understand the rules of the platform YOU choose to sell/buy on. If you are not happy with how eBay runs THEIR business model, then maybe you might want to look at other options that would better accommodate you. 

Any complaints or compliments, for that matter, does not impact their business model. One person leaves and many more stay or join. I wish that I could still be selling here. I personally like eBay as a way to earn some extra money. 

Nothing is perfect. Either you adapt or move down another path. 

Please keep in mind that you make the choice to sell here.  

I wish for you patience and much success this year,

Grandma 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This is all just repeating disinformation. Ebay chargers their fees to the sellers directly. The buyer's payment money is processed through PP or Adyen.

Ebay doesn't sit on your funds making interest and starving children.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

NO INTEREST is made on money that is in ADYEN process land.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Snark....I'm laughing too much to type....

I'm set up under MP for once weekly payouts, just like I've been set up for under Etsy, where I've been selling for the past three years. How your funds are kept for an "entire month" is beyond comprehension, or you are completely misstating the truth just to make a point....

still laughing....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

These statements are completely untrue.  It is eBay's policy to hold funds on a new seller up to 21 days especially on high value listings.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

They're screwing me right now. EBAY sent notice that money was deposited and it is not deposited whatsoever.  I've done everything correct over and over.

They're making interest plain and simple.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply