cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition description

I don't see this in the mobile app, I have to go on desktop to add it.

Am I just not seeing it, or is there a way to add it ?

Android version.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

condition description

Upgrade to the latest version of the app @dqdistribution .

There was a post earlier today from elizabeth@ebay indicating this was fixed with the latest release.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

condition description

"There was a post earlier today from elizabeth@ebay indicating this was fixed with the latest release."

Nope. Not on Android anyway. I just installed the pending update from the Google Play Store, restarted the app, and still no condition section.

This is unconscionable. It puts sellers at risk of SNAD claims if we list faults/defects in the condition section AS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!

The entire reason I came here today was becasuse of a potential buyer asking about faults on an item where I clearly and extensively described the codition of an item. It shows up on desktop. It shows up in Chrome on my Android phone, but not in eBay's own app. There's no way to even make it appear.

Is there anything at all that eBay can do competently? Some days I really, REALLY wonder...

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

condition description

The original post was about not being able to add condition description through the listing form on the app, but it sounds like you're describing something different @revenue-collector.

Are you saying your listings have a selected condition & condition description, but they're not visible on the live listing through the Android app?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

condition description

I just looked on iOS app and what I'm seeing is different from last time I checked.

On the listing view it shows condition (new/used/etc) but the condition details are not there next to the condition. Instead you have to expand the item specifics to find condition details on the app. See if that helps you find the info @revenue-collector and let us know.

Whether you like/dislike that set up is another matter, just trying to figure out if the info is there to start.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

condition description

The google app store says I have the latest version of the app.

I'm using samsung galaxy s23 ultra with latest software all up to date.

I still don't see it, also went to revise one of the listing I have it on and doesn't show up anywhere.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

condition description

And you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

That's usually what I do when I have app issues (eBay or otherwise) even when I'm already up-to-date. It fixes things a lot more frequently than you'd think. It's the equivalent of turning something off and on again; a reboot.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

condition description

Just Uninstaller and reinstalled. Still not there. 😞

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

condition description

I found it, but it is the most idiotic mobile app design I have ever seen. If you press on  anything in the "About this item" section, it brings up an overlay containing the Condition specifics... however there is no visual indicator that this area of the listing is even clickable/pressable. It just looks like part of the listing page. No icon or button, no alternate color, no "press here for more information" text or anything.

The only reason I discovered it is that I accidentally pressed rather than swiped.

Why does this information need to be contained in a hidden overlay that nobody knows exists? Mobile users are used to scrolling. MAKE IT PART OF THE PAGE!!

Inexcusable to hide critical information like this.

Horrific UI. **bleep**...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

condition description

Oh I've always known where to see it under about item.

But there is literally no option to put that information in on android.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

condition description

7 months later and same thing. I've already had customers either complain about not knowing or asking me questions that are clearly contained in the condition description. I'm starting to copy and paste the condition description into the main description but that only helps if people read it and most people don't. 

I did finally see the right pointing arrow next to the about this item but I can guarantee 90% of customers don't see or actually do that. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply