cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't see listing of previously purchased item

I want to purchase an item again but want to verify what I'm buying by seeing the listing.  I get option to buy it now and add to cart. I add to cart and from my cart I click the item to view listing but makes me to the three options buy it now, view in cart and add to watch list. No listing and no other listings only ads. And at the top it says I purchased this item (on the date). Can I post a screen shot?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Try adding the item to your Watch List, then open the item from your Watch List.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I just tried that and it started to show the listing but quickly reverted to the you purchased this with the three options.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

It might be worth viewing that item using a browser rather than the app as a workaround if you are having problems viewing items you have purchased previously using the app.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Depending on long ago you bought, you can go to My eBay and open the purchase TAB. Over on the right side, you will see a window that allows you to view this year and past two years of purchases. If that does not work, you can order a list of everything you have purchased from the day you joined. Click on your name over on the left side of the screen. Click on account Settings, then open Request your eBay data. It takes about 7 days to receive. Once you get it, save it. 

Personal Info

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, I used the browser on my phone and it showed the listing and had buy another.  The reason I wanted to view the listing is that the seller sent me 30 tabs instead of the 100 tabs I paid for and because listing do get changed I needed to verify exactly what I was buying again.  I remember eBay having a link to show the listing as you bought it due to changes or edit to the listing but I don't know if eBay inform you of any changes after you purchased before buying another.  But the browser worked.  Thanks again.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

You are welcome -- glad to hear you were able to view the listing.

While sellers can change a listing after a purchase, such changes should have no bearing on the earlier purchase itself. There should be a link to the item listing as it was at the time the purchase was made. This is most easily done using a desktop browser, I think, where the link should appear in a blue banner at the top of the listing.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Sometimes, online marketplaces or websites can experience technical glitches that prevent users from accessing certain pages or listings. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using a different web browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

This problem still exists in app.  What's the point of an app if I have to keep using a browser?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This problem still exists in app.

Make sure you actually have the latest version of the eBay app.

The "See original listing" link is working for me using version 6.147.0.1.

Using a browser is a handy backup if a feature in the app is not working, and vice versa.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The mobile apps are problem ridden.

Use a browser on a desktop system whenever you have problems like this.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I'm still experiencing this in May 2024. It's incredible they can't fix this - many sellers must be losing out simply because the app refuses to allow their customers to purchase the same item more than once.

Ebay your app is TERRIBLE - fix your many unresolved bugs that ruin its functionality - rather than wasting dev time with a fancy new messaging functionality nobody asked for

Message 12 of 12
latest reply