cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moi l’expérience

sold a phone to a customer in Italy. The phone was shipped and the customer received it on 20/10/2023.

On October 26, the customer opened a dispute on eBay, claiming that the phone was defective and had a camera issue. I disputed this claim, stating that the phone was in good condition when I sent it.

eBay asked me to accept the return of the phone. I refused, as I was confident that the phone was in good condition by providing evidence.

eBay ruled in favor of the customer and issued a refund. I lost the money and the phone.

I contacted the customer to request the return of the phone. The customer agreed, but asked me to pay for shipping. I agreed.

The customer provided me with a tracking number for the return package. The tracking number was of Ukrainian origin.

I received the return package. The package did not contain the phone, but rather broken glasses and a flashlight. The weight of the package was 0.199 grams.

I contacted eBay to report the fraud. eBay stated that the customer's account was opened in Ireland and directed me to you.  
after the other service, he contacted me and told me that I am making a report on a site on the Internet called strong action. There they gave the time for five days and as the site is too complicated and it is with the English language it is not my language I made the report in six days and when I contacted Ebay that's it they they told me that it's dead for you, you've passed five days, it hurts too much, this experience that I lost my item, my money I was scammed in front of Ebay's eyes in fact
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Moi l’expérience

Sorry this happened to you. Selling phones online is not for amateurs. Especially on an international scope. If there is a next time, only sell phones and other higher end electronics locally for cash.

You might can report the phone as stolen to your service provider and they can brick the phone.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Moi l’expérience

Since the case was closed, there's nothing Ebay would do about you not receiving the phone.

When a buyer files an INAD, they'll always find in favor of the buyer.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Moi l’expérience

Once you refused to accept the return (even after being told by ebay that you should) and the buyer received a full refund, the buyer was under no obligation to return it to you after the fact. 

Should you have wanted it back, you should have accepted the return, after which you could have reported the buyer if you received a different item. 

You goofed on this one and it's on you. You're SOL. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 4
latest reply