cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cha Ching/Messages, etc. Sounds Not Working

Iphone SE, iOS version 16.7.2

No ebay notifications are working. Started before I upgraded iOS. I have All Notifications on, as well as banners. DoNotDisturb is off. I updated the app. Ringer is on and turned up. Rebooted the phone. Been through all the phone and app settings...but certainly there is one I must have missed.  Any ideas? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The Android version of the eBay app has a Notification Diagnostic tool at the bottom of the Settings: Notification screen that can tell you if there are any obscure settings like battery saver or silence that might be interfering with notifications. If everything is set correctly, you should hear a Cha-ching sound at the conclusion of the test.

The iOS version may have a similar feature.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I am having the same problem on my iPhone. I have upgraded my iOS software and re-downloaded the app every day for a week. All notifications are on. I still don't receive a cha-ching or a banner when I make a sale. It is very frustrating. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@dejagolf wrote:

Iphone SE, iOS version 16.7.2

No ebay notifications are working. Started before I upgraded iOS. I have All Notifications on, as well as banners. DoNotDisturb is off. I updated the app. Ringer is on and turned up. Rebooted the phone. Been through all the phone and app settings...but certainly there is one I must have missed.  Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey @dejagolf! Can I ask to have you check the Order Updates notification selling which can be got to by

My eBay>Settings>Notifications>Selling>Order Updates

If the switch is off turn it on
If the switch is on, turn it off and on 

Devon,
eBay
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

FWIW

Apple IPhone

Just got a cha-ching and the banner notification

Thursday 1:35 p.m. (EST) IOS 16.6.1

so it appears to not be a system issue

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I did as you suggested. It was turned on, I turned it off and on.  If it works, I'll let you know!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Nope, still no luck.  There has to be something I've missed.  Going to try removing app, rebooting, then reinstalling.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Did not work. Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Nope, didn't work.  I've tried it everyday for a week.  Thanks for the help, tho.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I tried it too, and it didn't work. So disappointed. I want my cha-ching back. Can you please find out why it's not working and make it work again?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I've tried it too and mine won't work either. Very disappointed.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I am having the same issue.  No sounds or banners for over two weeks!  Disappointing and frustrating indeed!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply