cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot stay in classic view - keeps reverting back to the junk mobile page

When using Chrome on an Andriod phone(6.x), I click 'switch to classic view' first thing(which works only for that page), but any subsequent pages get tossed back into the junk kiddie mobile pages.

When can we get this fixed?

No, it's not an ebay app question(because my phone will never see that app), but I was asked to post this question here by Heidi because supposedly this board may see an ebay employee answer.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Cannot stay in classic view - keeps reverting back to the junk mobile page

@d-k_treasures

Can you try this link 

http://www.ebay.com/?redirect=mobile

Also curious about the why the app can't be on your phone? What are some things on the site you need to do that are not currently in the apps?

Thanks

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@d-k_treasures

Can you try this link 

http://www.ebay.com/?redirect=mobile

Also curious about the why the app can't be on your phone? What are some things on the site you need to do that are not currently in the apps?

Thanks

@mobile_feedback

The link only works for that main page(which I never go to, considering its a facebook or pinterest type look). All subsequent pages get the kiddie-code mobile pages. Since you have a link to the classic site, I would expect it to work - but it doesn't except for the first page where you switch. Anything after that gets the mobile pages.

For the question, it's because I don't download apps on my phone when a full web site is available. That's why there is a browser on my phone. I prefer to see things the way I want to see them, not the way some app wants me to see them(not counting the hundreds of glitches in the app that never get fixed, like showing free shipping when it's not, etc.). The main site search is now so pathetic, I can't even imagine what the app would try to give me.

Plus, I with there was a block for bidding from an app or a mobile page. Considering that you have no logic flow, mainly because ebay cares about sales only, the BID or BIN button shouldn't even be displayed unless the 'see description' button is clicked along with the photos. That will never happen, because ebay would rather see a sale and return, than 'inconvience' some poor entitled person to have them actually look at what they are buying or bidding on first. That's why the MBG is plastered all over the site.

And I wouldn't ever think about paying for anything from my phone. Considering how poor ebays main site programming has become over the years, I certainly wouldn't trust an app by ebay or PP.

Use Opera Classic for android in desktop mode.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

ebay bucks recap and longer history for 2 🙂
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

In chrome if you click on the 3 dots menu then you can select use desk top version from the chrome menu.  

A lot of zooming will be needed but it does work.  It also does not revert on you to the app.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Thanks - never noticed that before. We'll see how long it lasts before it gets switched back to the mobile pages.

One would think that's what the 'classic site' would do(which is what it had done for the past few years before they broke it).

My God.....Thank you so much.....EBay's "workers" could not provide this answer after about 20 calls, and 12 hours on the phone.....!!!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I appreciate the thanks... makes me feel like a genius. I actually stumbled onto this when poking at my phone one day. I only use the app for notifications but was bored and curious. Glad my boredom helped you 🙂

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Hello friend....I just randomly stumbled back into here by chance. I cannot even begin to describe how grateful I am for you explaining how to do what no ebay employee could do. I explained my frustration with so many agents over the phone and not even one over the last 2 years could fix the issue....Ebay is great, yet so stupid in so many ways, I just cannot understand why a company like this is so incompetent. Thanks again bro...

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I know, it's ridiculous... The app is great for quickly listing an item, but other than that... It is way too limited and I need the classic version half of the time... When I go to the classic, and I clicked the link or do anything else, it default right back to the mobile version I have done everything possible
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Yes, you can do that all day long, but as soon as you do something in the classic version like click on an auction or anywhere, it will default you right back to the stupid mobile version
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

When I do that, it will switch until I click on something and then it goes right back to the mobile version... I like to list something from the eBay app it's pretty easy and convenient, but there's a lot of limitations where I have to switch to the classic and it doesn't stay there no matter what I do it defaults back to the mobile
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Tried your link and when I go to any other page back to mobile. Cant send invoices from there or the app

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Comics- you're a genius. I'm been trying to figure that out for 2 years. Wanted to send invoices combine shipping when things sell and not by a desktop. Worked perfect!!!!!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply