cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely despise the new messaging “experience” on eBay

This is more of a warning/rant/cry for help regarding the new messaging feature in the eBay app.

It appears as though a recent update has encouraged users to try out the new messaging, which is formatted as more of a “chat” (as opposed to email). This is all fine and good, I actually like the way it’s set up - it’s much easier to view all messages. The problem is that these messages aren’t treated by eBay as chat, they’re still treated like emails.

Yesterday I received 11 desktop notifications, 11 emails, and 11 app notifications, which were all just rambling messages from three different users. Today I woke up to 14 notifications - all messages. Incidentally, they were all from users who had purchased items, so blocking wasn’t an option.

Not to mention the fact that every chat message is still considered by eBay as a ‘question’, and treated as such. eBay has again pushed a feature that’s not logistically compatible with the rest of the platform.

I need one email, one notification when a user begins a chat. I can see it’s there, I don’t need to ever be notified again.

IMG_4899.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Absolutely despise the new messaging “experience” on eBay

@popblox wrote:

This is more of a warning/rant/cry for help regarding the new messaging feature in the eBay app.

It appears as though a recent update has encouraged users to try out the new messaging, which is formatted as more of a “chat” (as opposed to email). This is all fine and good, I actually like the way it’s set up - it’s much easier to view all messages. The problem is that these messages aren’t treated by eBay as chat, they’re still treated like emails.

Yesterday I received 11 desktop notifications, 11 emails, and 11 app notifications, which were all just rambling messages from three different users. Today I woke up to 14 notifications - all messages. Incidentally, they were all from users who had purchased items, so blocking wasn’t an option.

Not to mention the fact that every chat message is still considered by eBay as a ‘question’, and treated as such. eBay has again pushed a feature that’s not logistically compatible with the rest of the platform.

I need one email, one notification when a user begins a chat. I can see it’s there, I don’t need to ever be notified again.

IMG_4899.JPG

Thanks for posting.  Had not seen this....not a fan based on your post.  Plah!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Absolutely despise the new messaging “experience” on eBay

@popblox wrote:

IMG_4899.JPG

Hi @popblox! I appreciate your feedback and I've passed it on to the team over this update. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 3 of 3
latest reply