cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped an item 11/30 - not delivered yet. Help

I shipped the item USPS First Class Package and have been tracking it. I understand there are delays, but it's been too long. 11/30 today is 12/10 I asked the clerk at the PO, who shrugged it off - didn't even look it up, saying, "yeah, there are delays it's the holidays." I am trying to be very communicative to the buyer, who has been patient, but sent an inquiry through eBay. I submitted more than one inquiry at USPS.com, no answers yet.  Is there anything else I can do now? I'm heartbroken to think that it's probably lost. Should I just issue a refund to my buyer right now to keep my good rating?  Sadly, I did not purchase any additional insurance. Does eBay offer any assistance?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipped an item 11/30 - not delivered yet. Help

There are longer delays now that the holidays are here

I am still waiting for a package that was due to be delivered on 11/28  

Keep your buyer informed and communication open

let the buyer know you are working on this delay

Good luck 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If the buyer opens an item not received case. Call Ebay and have them put an extension on the delivery time. They are actively trying to mitigate some of these problems.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Got to usps.com and enter the tracking number and sign up for email updates. Sometimes this can shake a package loose.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

There are longer delays now that the holidays are here

I am still waiting for a package that was due to be delivered on 11/28  

Keep your buyer informed and communication open

let the buyer know you are working on this delay

Good luck 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Thank you, good idea.  I did that twice.  Still hoping!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thank you.  So you wouldn't issue a refund, just yet?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I didn't know that I call eBay, thank you for that advice.     I did not know that I could request that.   I would be just as happy making that request online, but don't know where.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

No do not refund yet 

give it some more time 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Have you tried calling the USPS directly and talk to someone in customer service. I just did this on Monday, because I had a package I sent out on Nov.30th and the last scan I had was on Dec1st. After 5 business days they can open a package search request and try to locate the package. My package was found and was delivered to the buyer. When you call the USPS, instead of waiting on hold, you can have them give you a call back. They will give a estimated time that they will call back. I hope everything works out for you.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Thank you, I'll try calling USPS today.  I'm glad that they found and delivered yours!! There is hope!!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Follow-up question to each you:   The item was sold for $19.99 with Free Shipping --  should I have put additional insurance (approx. $1.70) on it?  Free shipping.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I have the same problem with a priority mail large box that I sent to address 30 miles from where I live on 11/30/2020.  After several days I called and was told my package is at the international hub at JFK airport in New York (I live in PA). The supervisor at my post office emailed New York and I also filled out a find my package request at USPS.com.  This is different than a lost package request. I received a response that they will do a search.  Packages are not being scanned so I have no idea where they are.  A real nightmare.  Try filing the "find my package" request. Good luck.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

What was your package doing at the airport?? Hope it didn't get on a plane to go 30 miles from your home in PA!! LOL    At least your Post Office tried to do something, mine didn't.   Good luck to you as well.   

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Happy Update!!  The package (that I had taken to the Post Office on November 30) was finally delivered on December 24.  I am grateful that the buyer was patient, willing to wait; and did not ask for a refund.  Thank you for your advice!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Happy Update!!  The package (that I had taken to the Post Office on November 30) was finally delivered on December 24.  I am grateful that the buyer was patient, willing to wait; and did not ask for a refund.  Thank you for your advice!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply