cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying this ring.

I recently purchased a lot that included this ring. It is in the "tank ring" style, but I have searched to find something similar to no avail. I have no clue about this. It looks like it was made from a machine part.  Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!20240327_135428.jpg20240327_135457.jpg20240327_135533.jpg20240327_135457.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You have looked it over carefully and seen no marks on it what so ever ? The reason I ask, it looks rather modernist early 20th century Danish or Norwegian. OR it could be a copy, it appears to be rather crudely done , as the soldering at the back of the ring and what appears to be pitting on the rings silver surfaces.

I wouldn't say that it is a machine part but rather as the industrial age was coming to the fore front Scandinavian countries - Denmark , Norway made industrial looking jewelry. Just look up Scandinavian jewelry here and you will see some examples and I'm not talking about the beautiful enamel jewelry that they made. Not knowing  stones extremely well, but a fraction would make me say the stone is Lapis.

Best of Luck.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks doodledog8!  Actually, another piece in the lot was also from Norway, so it's more info than I had before...a big clue! I appreciate your input so much!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello. I definitely agree with @doodledog8 that the stone is probably lapis lazuli and is in a Nordic theme. I think the metal is probably stainless steel. If you are going to wear it, then I would suggest maybe testing it for lead.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply