cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help authenticating Givenchy marked Earrings

Can anyone tell me if these vintage Givenchy earrings are real or fake?8A650341-E1C0-4857-A446-789387B439C0.jpeg6817328A-F86F-4575-B550-71A88783E811.jpeg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@toysandtreasure 

Sorry but that's a perfect example of a Chinese Fake. Notice the block letter "N" & "C", how they are off center. Givenchy are straight block letters and have a clear stamp.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I am coming in late to this discussion (my computer was down for a week or so) - I must respectfully disagree with the previous opinion.  I have sold and specialized in Givenchy for years - I have never

seen a fake, probably because, until about a year ago, Givenchy prices were never equal to that of other French designer jewelry. I have seen YSL and DIOR fakes...but, Givenchy?  I find Givenchy pieces at Flea Markets for $15 or less and used to sell them for $30-$50.  Now, they are going for $60 and up....which means the fakes could be coming soon!   I just checked all the logos and stamps in my jewelry photo archives.  That particular Givenchy mark shown seems to be the one that varies the most.  I sold a vintage Givenchy necklace/earring set a year ago.  Both necklace and earrings had that logo - the necklace mark was straight and clear - the earring mark had a faint G and was missing the Y completely.  These pieces had been purchased together from a Givenchy shop.   It may be me, but I noticed the "bad" marks always seem to be on earrings.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@jaysandi 

Well better late than never! Unfortunately this OP posted and poofed. And I do respect your knowledge and opinion as well. Sometimes I feel very alone on this board and try to help as many as I can, oh my buds will pop up to help me if needed but again it's lonely here.

I did view every stamp made by Givenchy and like you also stated earrings are the worst. Her stamp on those clips looks like a child did it!

Now I do understand that Givenchy is not high on the counterfeit totem pole but when Chinese are faking the brand Levi's, anything is fair game with them.

I wished that OP would have shown the whole earring but they didn't.

Anyway, I do appreciate your views and thoughts and your expertise, take care and enjoy the 4th weekend. Silver

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hello - Thank you for the kind words.  You are definitely a generous poster - always sharing your knowledge and helping others.  I go out of my way to read your posts as I have learned a lot from you!  I wish I knew more than I do - I would help more.  For some reason, Givenchy comes to me - I find a lot of it (wish it was Schreiner or Schiaparelli!).   A woman who worked in one of the jewelry factories in Rhode Island once told me the flatter the metal, the clearer the name stamp. If the piece is small or curved, the chances of an imperfect name stamp increase.  Doae that make sense?  It might explain the bad earring stamps.    I want to wish you a happy 4th of July as well!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@jaysandi 

That is one of the most kindest posts I've received, it really means a lot to me, thank you!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Are you still reviewing Givechy Jewelry? Hopefully as here are three pics;

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have those same earrings in silver-tone and they have the exact, same stamp.  I believe them to be authentic.  My earrings have some minor surface scratches and look their appropriate age.

The stamp is not an add-on cartouche, (suggesting that it might be a fake,) and it is not a flat surface that it was stamped on, so it may not be a perfect imprint.

All of that being said, Givenchy was widely faked, especially during the late 80s and 90s. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

wont let me uplaod a phonto i have a givency Paris New York 1980 necklace thats 30 inces by 1/4

Message 9 of 9
latest reply