cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening,

Should I be offering International shipping, as I never have due to cost. Could offering this service be an added benefit for sales? I am just curious, so I am reaching out for honest advice and or opinions. Everyone, thank you and enjoy a good week.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

International Shipping

I have ALWAYS offered International shipping, it's very easy to do and you would be surprised as to what goes where. I have sent knitting machines to Ukraine, several years ago now, I have sent fine  silver overlayed on a glass  bowl to So. Korea, train locomotives to  Mexico, cross stitch kits to Russia - also several years ago now.

Just make sure you pack REALLY WELL. I once shipped a pair of Alpine Stars motorcycle boots to a guy in England , only to have the idiot shpping company over there put something EXTREMELY HEAVY on my box and crushed the boots. I've never had anything  like that happen , but because it was over there he contacted the shipper, they refunded him for the purchase price as they had destroyed them. Make sure what you do pack cannot shift in it's container box/ bag. It does take a while in some countries to get there - but it works.

And I just got an email from ebay a few days ago saying how they were improving Intl ship, so it's even better.

I also, offer USPS - if it's under 4 pounds and UPS Canada, but most of my folks always choose ebay ship.

Best of Luck to you!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

International Shipping

Not sure but I believe that ebay offers something called the Global Shipping Program. From what I have read it is a benefit to US Sellers as all the expenses fall to the Buyers; shipping to a courier warehouse, from the warehouse to a broker where import and brokerage fees are added so the item can clear customs.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply