cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with vintage costume pinecone hangtag ID

Hi! I have searched and searched and used Google lens. I cannot find a definitive answer on who might have made this set. All I have to go on is this pinecone shaped hang tag. It does not seem to exactly match the Pennino examples. Can anyone help? Do you think it is a vintage Pennino knockoff? Thanks! 

20220127_154045.jpg

Screenshot_20220202-120120_Gallery.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@njcarpetbagger 

Well I did find an interesting advertisement for Pennino jewelry in the 1950s that you can view. Scan down on the ad where it says " it's only authentic if it's signed Pennino".

I don't think it's a knockoff but another jewelry Co. That's not Pennino's hangtag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Pennino-Nocturne-jewels-pin-necklace-earrings-vintage-jewelry-ad-/3031...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You might check here and see if you can ID your dangle:  <h1>Identified Jewelry Dangles</h1> - ImageEvent

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, I've looked a few times at that site. Couldn't find it. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have a necklace with the same hangtag.  I agree it isn't Pennino;  the shape is more pointed.  It is a mystery!  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It'd a coro hangtag

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Do you have a source? Because I have seen several coro hang tags and they do not look like that.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have one with the exact same hang tag and I was told it's Coro or Corocraft however I cannot find a reference confirming that.  Supposedly made in the 1950s. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have seen it on Elizabeth Morrey necklaces. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply