cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying tiered rhinestone brooch

I found this brooch with some other jewelry I had. It's 2 tiered with rivets holding the layers. 

The size is 2" X 1 3/4" and approximately 3/4" deep. 

As it's unmarked I was wondering if someone can help me with age and possible maker. There are 2-3 tiny flea bites and dark inclusions on the larger rhinestones, which are noticeable using a loop.

Thank you in advance.DSC_0369.JPGDSC_0372.JPGDSC_0373.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help identifying tiered rhinestone brooch

@findersltd 

It looks more on the recent side IMO. You can always list this brooch as unknown maker as my guess it may have had an original hangtag or plastic holder that had the fashion name on it.

For title: 2 tiered cluster Starburst crystal rhinestone brooch.

For description: large and small solitaires with baguette rhinestones, roll over clasp, intact. Assembly with rivets on backside. A few stones have fleabites, discoloration noticeable with a jeweler loupe only.

This should get you going on listing it, this piece may fare better at Christmas or in a jewelry lot. Best to you, Silver

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@findersltd 

It looks more on the recent side IMO. You can always list this brooch as unknown maker as my guess it may have had an original hangtag or plastic holder that had the fashion name on it.

For title: 2 tiered cluster Starburst crystal rhinestone brooch.

For description: large and small solitaires with baguette rhinestones, roll over clasp, intact. Assembly with rivets on backside. A few stones have fleabites, discoloration noticeable with a jeweler loupe only.

This should get you going on listing it, this piece may fare better at Christmas or in a jewelry lot. Best to you, Silver

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.  I had planned on waiting for a while, but unfortunately I may be moving sooner than I anticipated. Just want to get rid of everything as I don't want to have to deal with storing anything. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@findersltd 

Understand, hope it's a good move. A suggestion in this case would be to list various jewelry pieces in a jewelry lot. Place about 20 some items on a white cloth, photo, and start auction at around $19 ( med priority flat rate) (7 day) you would be surprised at how well these auction do!

Good luck and be safe during moving.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the tip. I already did the pin to start on auction tonight. If it doesn't sell I will put it aside and see what else I find as I go thru tons of boxes. Jewelry is not my strong point unless it's signed. I do good on the new Monet in the box, but my source switched buyers and hasn't been getting them anymore.  I like vintage Christmas and china the best. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply