cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Know What These Symbols Mean?

Greetings, is anybody familiar with these symbols? Is this a script of some kind, or just some artistic touch? Thanks

PWPDT 2030 b.jpgPDT 2030 c.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A spear and a bear claw? Someone killed a polar bear?? 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@jz-5682 wrote:

A spear and a bear claw? Someone killed a polar bear?? 

Hahaha! You are too funny. But yes, I recognize something like a bear paw.. nore likelt a GRIZZLY bear, not a polar bear, though I would run from both, flight over fight....and this was part of a Southwestern jewelry lot from an estate, so you may be correct, it must be some Native American symbol. Although looking at the other thing, to me it looks like a person - not a lance or spear, but you may be right on that one, also. Thanks

PW

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like a spirit Pendant.

Depending on the native locale...it could mean different things to different tribes
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
It looks like a spirit Pendant.

Depending on the native locale...it could mean different things to different tribes

Hi Thanks, this helps! I surmise the most obvious meaning would indicate a Brave fighter who defeated a Grizzly bear or a big brown bear, or, someone could wear this pendant who is yet to grown into such a great, strong man. So, either it could be a gift to someone who is still growing up, or a tribute to someone who has already proven himself valiant. 

Have a nice day, and thanks for taking your time to respond!

PW

Message 5 of 5
latest reply