cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

David Yurman Fakes - Watch out for Moissanite!

This is a PSA. I bought two David Yurman pieces. As you know , new DY Jewelry from an authorized dealer is not discounted so I was encouraged and a little skeptical to see so many great deals all over ebay. I bought my wife a Wheaton diamond ring that retails for $2,850 for $899. This seller had close to 800 feedbacks. I also bought a Three Band Streamline white diamond men's ring, auction ended at $525 this ring retails for $4500. I should add the 15 feedback seller assured me it was checked out and authentic. Wow what a score. Just to be safe I ordered a diamond tester on Amazon for 20 bucks and when it came the rings tested as diamonds.  Then I read about Moissanite, the lab made diamond that can fool diamond testers. After more research I discovered there are testers that can ID both moissanite and diamonds. It was $220 bucks but I figured what the hell, I saved thousands so I considered it insurance. I anxiously awaited its arrival and you guessed it - all moissanite. Both sellers had return policies and refunded my money. My guess is most folks don't check for authenticity and my guess is because that moissanites are that good and they fool many unsuspecting staff at jewelry stores.  So this is my long winded way to say buyer beware. My guess is ebay is flooded with fakes and good luck with your non-diamond purchases cuz I don't know how you will confirm authenticity. Shame on ebay for allowing this proliferation of forged goods. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: David Yurman Fakes - Watch out for Moissanite!

I just found out 4 out 5 pieces of David Yurman purchased here have moissanite stones not diamonds. One of my bracelets needed to be repaired so I sent it into DY. They sent me an email letting me know the diamonds are not real. I decided I should look at the rest of my purchases so I bought a diamond stone tester on Amazon. It was cheap but accurate as I tested some of my jewlery with diamonds and they tested positive. I am out over $2,000. All sellers had great ratings and one had sold a ton of David Yurman. It’s too bad I can not go back to give and change my rating. He will not return my money even though I provided him wiht the email from DY, the day, yr and item number. I don’t care how long ago I bought it, they stated I was purchasing real diamonds. This sucks. I recommend anyone buying diamonds get one of the diamond testers. 

Message 16 of 16
latest reply