cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody help me on this unusual face necklace?

Unusual face pendant any help would be great. Thanks

1000022656.jpg

1000022657.jpg

  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To me it looks entirely hand made. You can clearly see the person's fingerprints depressed in the clay on the back. They may have pressed the clay into some kind of mold to get that face on the front, and added the metal scrollwork frame before it dried.

@silverstatetreasureboxes will be much better with the descriptive terms than me.

To me I'd say it's almost Medusa-like.

One thing is for sure: that 3D face is creepy as hell, which means someone out there will absolutely love it. On this one I think it's going to be all about the key words you use to describe the piece. List it as unbranded or handmade.

Edit: also, get a good shot at a front-facing angle @watchmystuffgo to show off that creepy head.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To me it looks entirely hand made. You can clearly see the person's fingerprints depressed in the clay on the back. They may have pressed the clay into some kind of mold to get that face on the front, and added the metal scrollwork frame before it dried.

@silverstatetreasureboxes will be much better with the descriptive terms than me.

To me I'd say it's almost Medusa-like.

One thing is for sure: that 3D face is creepy as hell, which means someone out there will absolutely love it. On this one I think it's going to be all about the key words you use to describe the piece. List it as unbranded or handmade.

Edit: also, get a good shot at a front-facing angle @watchmystuffgo to show off that creepy head.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@watchmystuffgo 

Wow, scary 😨 😳 yes, possibly artisan made and very sellable indeed @wastingtime101 

Keywords for title would be..

Modern Artisan pendant human head 3D relief scroll work design corded necklace

Description: appears to have a  resemblance of woman with flowing hair.  Pendant measures xxxxx, teardrop form, ( enameling accent ?) Like poster wasting states, pictures and close up.

Have fun with it, scary but magnificent!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Excellent, thanks @silverstatetreasureboxes .

Unclear from photos as not close-up / hi-res enough to tell, but I disagree about possible enamel accent. Looks more like glittery paint? I'd probably stick to "glitter accent" if unsure.

The seller could tell for sure as they have the piece in hand.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Yes, I really couldn't tell that's why I had a question mark. If indeed it's some kind of glittering paint I would suggest high gloss sparkle paint instead? Folks tend to have a problem with glitter.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, sparkle is a good word.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes I was thinking homemade as well but I was just checking with you experts. Thanks for all the help!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I saw Medusa at first simply due to the creep factor @watchmystuffgo , but perhaps it could also be some sort of Mother Nature-inspired design with flowing hair and a leaf shape and coloring. 🤷

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply