cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ative american jewelry identification help with this signature?

1000033789.jpg

1000033788.jpg

 can anyone help with any information on this ring? I think it's Zuni from the googling I've done,  but I just can't make out this signature! It is not marked sterling, just signed and I'm not familiar with native American jewelry at all. Thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You need a better photo of the signature. If you can't edit it to some legibility, maybe rub some contrasting substance into the mark, like flour or eyeliner, and then take a picture again. A pasty substance might work better with a mark that shallow. I believe it's Zuni, and I wouldn't worry about the lack of purity mark. The quality of craftsmanship and stones used almost guarantee that it is .900 silver or better. You need that name, though, saleability is greatly increased by having an artist's i.d./bio/auction history results. 

Best of luck. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@audhag0 

It does look like Zuni To me as poster @maeday76 stated.

I've highlighted some areas we need to see better

Screenshot_20240524_155811_Chrome~3.jpg

 the area highlighted by the signature looks like a shop mark and the other area I marked on the "toe" looks like a number.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

What I see (and my eyes are bad) looks like an attenuated possible L initial followed by Lezmaé/Lemée or some configuration of the possible letters. And I don't see anything that look like numbers, but garbage eyes, garbage phone. 

Or here's a left-fielder:

What if that (2nd?) L is a Z, and what follows is a less-than-sober Zuni(i)? 

That would make the really tough to read part the personal/shop/family mark that just precedes it. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply