cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complying with the new jewelry policy challenges

So to add an insult to an injury, when i'm trying to move non compliant listings from Fine Jewelry to Vintage or Fashion jewelry, the listing looses ALL OF the required Item Specifics!!! How can a Brand name change when you move categories, this is absurd. Now, i can not do a bulk move, because I have to go back to each listing manually and re-enter Required Item Specifics. 

How are other sellers dealing with his nonsense? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Complying with the new jewelry policy challenges

Also it seems that Fashion Jewelry doe snot even have an Item specific for Sterling silver. If they want us to move all sterling silver with CZ to Fashion, there should be a sterling silver item specific!  The piece is still made from sterling! 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As someone who for the moment still sells mostly vintage, this doesn't happen to me as much.  Of course no one can FIND it because the search is a total mess, but....

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am finding that for a lot of my "Gold Tone" Costume Jewelry it will fill in the metal and base metal as Gold.. There's a huge difference between Gold Tone and Real Gold!!! Every time I would remove the item specific of Gold, I would find it had been changed back.. same thing with Ties and putting in a "Character" item specific.. It's really frustrating. And a time waster. I finally have gotten through over 2000 listings fixing this item specific nightmare. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, the vintage and antique category has sterling silver item specific. Like it should. Temping to just move everything to vintage/antique. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What brought on these new nonsense changes anyway? More "regulations" from another unelected law making 'czar'? There has certainly been no related legislation passed that I am aware of. I thought only Congress was supposed to make laws. It is time for the Convention of States! 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It was a lead-in to the unrequested Authenticators for "fine" jewelry selling for over $500.  Said authenticators are supposed to follow GIA standards, but can't handle vintage items (i.e. older diamond cuts) , synthetic/manmade stones, or the crazy expensive stones other than diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires. 

No paraiba tourmalines, no demantoid garnets, no alexandrite etc.  Never mind that a real jeweler has those in a locked case with the diamonds and with similar if not higher price tags.  My gripe is that a platinum Art Deco bracelet loaded with mine cut diamonds and the standard flux melt caliber-cut sapphires would get lumped in with Fashion jewelry if it weren't Vintage. The new (and NOT cheap) manmade diamonds would too. 

Meanwhile the changes lead to them jacking up fees on all jewelry sellers, not just those selling pieces that fit into the new botched Fine categories. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply