Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEEKEND TREASURE CHEST~SHOW WHAT YOU FOUND

Better late than never, I forgot! LOL

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

DSCN7128.JPGDSCN7219.JPGFlorenza with tiny rweezers inside. pill box?DSCN7102.JPGDo sterling sorority bracelets sell well?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

DSCN6927.JPGDSCN6627.JPGDSCN6226.JPGDSCN6664.JPG

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Hittin' the eggnog a little early, elfie? Smiley Very Happy

Dyed shell inlay and brass stack bangles:

shellinlay1.JPG

Renior-Matisse top, Gret Barkin bottom:

matissebarkin1.JPG

Lucien Piccard multi-chain drapey necklace:

lucienpiccard1.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

UMMMMMM I probably shouldn't know this, but those little "tweezers" are not what you think they are. Smiley Happy

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

They were inside the poodle.  What r they for, nose hair! lol

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Oh no, not an iud or some kind of sex thing!!!!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

An IUD inside a Florenza poodle?!?!  Now I KNOW you're hitting the eggnog too early!  LOL!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Ok not going there

Im on a buying freeze but I couldnt resist this Trifari octopus.....

I mean, c'mon! ts an Octopus!!

H4326-L84474239.jpg

I love octopi. the ladybug is Castlecliff

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Found a cameo I thought she was kinda pretty. Is both a pin & pendant. No markings

DSCN8823.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Oh, way cool on the octopi!!!! Really cute.....Um hum!

Ok, wudda those tweezers for? 

TEX
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

The tweezers are for those old saccharin tablets; "ladies" had them out for bridge parties and the like, back when people still used the stuff.  I suppose you could use them to hold a roach too...although why one would want to smoke a nasty bug I have no idea...(innocent face)  

My best find in weeks was found in my own house.  I thought I gave away this piece of Grandma's jewelry years ago without knowing what it was. Then on Thanksgiving night I was digging though an old desk and looking to see what I could toss out of it and...whoops!

The clasp was missing the little screw thread piece, so I restrung this so I could wear it.  30 inches or so of cherry prystal. Thanks, Grandma!

DSCF0151.JPG

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I had some finds this weekend, went to a sale called "Glam" to raise funds for children living in Nunavut ....imagine a hall packed full of tables laden with vintage jewelry. Also vintage purses and scarves. There are $2, $5 and  $10 tables, and each piece of jewelry is simply color coded for price.

I got there late so can't imagine what must have been there earlier!

18k brooch (3.5 grams), Swarovski sterling bug,  Hallmarked 1970 Finland sterling modernist brooch (signed MJH will have to research further) 

IMG_7175.JPG

Two sterling necklaces

IMG_7157.JPG

HUGE Canada copper necklace with a lght blue Murano cab,  nicely carved, simple bird brooch, Singer (Native American) sterling and green stone earrings

Marcasite sterling pendant on sterling chain (very delicate) 

IMG_7159.JPG

Needs cleaning, bangle with MOP, signed Larin (not the Brutalist Larin, though) Sterling

IMG_7164.JPG

Danecraft sterling bracelet, heavier than most other Danecraft items I've come across (sorry for the **bleep**py pic)

IMG_7166.JPG

This was on the $2 table, heavy sterling necklace and earrings, and a light 835 filigree necklace (Portuguese hallmarks)

IMG_7172.JPG

I bought this ring earlier in the week, not at the Glam sale, but it is quite unusual, and sold within hours of listing (not here, elsewhere)

14k millefiori 

IMG_7170.JPG

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Evelb, thanks for the tweezer info....I remember my grandma using those tablets.

Those tablets were either in bottles or a plastic wheel....

Your necklace from your gradma is gorgeous. You must have been so happy to find it

after thinking you gave it away....

Arlene,

You found some goodies there for sure.

Wow....really nice.

TEX
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Thanks Tex, every year I go to this sale and am never disappointed, it actually exhausts me because they keep bringing out more jewelry throughout the sale, so it's like being at an all you can buy jewelry buffet.

Here's a better pic of the Danecraft bracelet

IMG_7176-Edited.jpg

Dragon's breath bracelet, the little flowers are marked sterling but the connectors are just base metal

IMG_7178.JPG

Then my fave:

BUGS!

IMG_7179.JPG

Message 15 of 19
latest reply