cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA THREAD for 2019 ! 🎅

Greetings, fellow Jewelry Group members! We're looking forward to a joyous holiday season this year! This thread will be the management point for the Secret Santa Project for 2019.  🎅 🎅 🎅

We would like make it possible for everyone in the Group to join in the fun, including members in the US, Canada, the UK, and anywhere else we may be. Our usual suggestion is a $10 (or less) gift value limit. The cost of shipping can become a problem, however, if you choose to ship a heavy gift. Keeping this in mind, we suggest that you make your gift selection appropriate to what you feel comfortable spending, including the cost to ship it. There are many possibilities for exchanging lightweight gifts – there is certainly no need to break the bank!

We're serious about including everyone. Your participation is much more important than monetary value.

Once you receive your giftee's address details, we urge you to check shipping costs before making final gift selections. For members in the US, one can go to the calculator at USPS.com to determine shipping rates for sending envelopes and packages to any destination both within and outside the US. These vary more than they used to because the postal service considers the recipient's "Zone" based on the shipper's location and the recipient's location. FedEx Ground (and other FedEx services) are also strong possibilities this year, as their rates are now in many cases significantly lower (believe it or not!!) than the postal service for packages one pound and over. Have a look at FedEx.com or call them for more information. For members outside the US we assume there are similar methods of determining costs in advance of going to the post office.

This year's exchange allows a choice of “White Elephant” or “Regular Santa” gifts. It would be very helpful to let your Secret Santa know if you'd prefer one or the other, or if it matters at all.

A Regular Santa gift might be something along the lines of jewelry, candy, something handmade, etc.

A White Elephant gift should be something amusing or entertaining – a gag gift of sorts.

Here's what we need to know:

Would you prefer to receive ---- ?

A Regular Santa gift _____

A White Elephant gift _____

Either type is ok _____

Please post a short wish list of ideas and suggestions for your Secret Santa! If any of your Santa ideas include food, please post allergy or dietary information (also include any other pertinent allergy information). For example, if chocolate is on your wish list, make sure your Secret Santa knows if it must be gluten-free or nut-free, etc.

Are there things you really don't want to find in your mailbox? A number of participants last year requested that they not receive certain things – scented candles, for instance. If there's something you're allergic to or simply loathe-and-detest, post it with your wish list so we can all steer clear.

NOW!

The next task is to send your address (and any other details you might like to include) to Group member Thirry, through the Ebay private messaging system with the subject line “Secret Santa.” Your information will be held in confidence, and your address will be disclosed only to your Secret Santa.

With best wishes and great anticipation of a joyful Secret Santa Project this year,

Thirry / Allison

Message 1 of 132
latest reply
131 REPLIES 131

Re: This is the OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA THREAD for 2019 ! 🎅

Awwww now thirry...you can go ahead & beg..er...ask  Santa for your she-shed..I wouldn`t DREAM of  doing harm to it.  I never play with fire unless I`m 'hungry'

roasting.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 46 of 132
latest reply

And her name isn't Cheryl. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 47 of 132
latest reply

Mailed my package today. If you haven't sent yours on its way yet, Get Busy!
Message 48 of 132
latest reply

Santas: Prepare to meet thy shippers!

Today is the day to get those packages on their way!!

I'm headed for both FedEx and the post office this morning. Looking for that feeling of total bliss knowing that the task is completed.

Wellll..... maybe not total bliss ......... but great satisfaction 😉

A.

Message 49 of 132
latest reply

And I`m  all ready to intercept! 

intercept.png

Message 50 of 132
latest reply

Today's shipping is done. In the words of Scarlett, "Tamarrah is anothuh day."

FedEx is a very strange beast today. One package was lighter and cost more than the heavier package that was going about 5 times further. Still better than USPS. Go figure...

A.

Message 51 of 132
latest reply

Mine went out a few days ago.   Thanks again for organizing, Thirry! heart

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 52 of 132
latest reply

Due to a minor accident ( forgot it in my mom's car day before yesterday) mine will go out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. But it is going priority so it could still make it in time.
Message 53 of 132
latest reply

Well I'm very pleased so say that the diabolical elf did NOT intercept and according to the tracking all is going very well with the parcel I mailed out. Phew! 

Message 54 of 132
latest reply

thirry-I know what you mean. When I looked up rates for different services online, some didn't change with the weight. They price in increments like "under 17 pounds" etc. I spent a lot shipping to friends in CA, will have to shop for small/light things next year!

Message 55 of 132
latest reply

Got my Secret Santa gift last night!! Oh so awesome, and I was having a really **bleep** day and it came at exactly the right time.  I have already eaten most of the chocolate, so yummy! And there was even a cute little Christmas mousey with catnip for my kitties 🙂  Gorgeous handmade earrings with vintage beads and a GORGEOUS vintage double heart rhinestone brooch! And I don't know how they knew this, but I collect vintage handkerchiefs with florals on them, and yes, there was one included!   So nice, thank you Secret Santa!!

Message 56 of 132
latest reply

Nope!!  Twas not ME that said it was already the 23rd...nope nope nope! (geeze..I get blamed for everything..wonder why????)

CALENDER.jpg

Oh welll..there will be others to intercept

Message 57 of 132
latest reply

Saints*Vintage,

I suspect what has happened here is that a "certain" Elf hypnotized  you to open your Secret Santa parcel earlier than the reveal date (the 23rd Dec) and then to eat the chocolate and when on a sugar high to post about it here. 

This is especially true if you were having a rough day, because that is when the Elf knew you would be most vulnerable to hypnosis. 

Please do not feel badly, that Elf has a corrupting influence even on the most "saintly" of us. We have all known it for years, and  the Elf frequently boasts about it  as you can tell on this thread. 

Chalk it up to experience, but be very aware in future of the wily ways of that Elf. 

Message 58 of 132
latest reply

Wow all I said was c r a p p y, and it bleeped it! LOL
Message 59 of 132
latest reply

OH NO!!!!!   I didn't know we were waiting!! LOLOL!!  The elves made me do it!!!

Message 60 of 132
latest reply