cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

The family of Schreiner Jewelry are still alive and kicking.  Mom, Terry, is 89, and can't believe how my parents, and grandfathers creations have become so collectable.  My dad's , Ambros, famous ruffle pin retailed for $7.50 in the mid 1950ss.  It now often sells for over $750.00.  She is also very unhappy of crooked dealers claiming they have unsigned Schreiner, when it's not even close to anything we produced.  I have written a dealer in Cal. several times to remove things that are clearly not Schreiner.  She accused me of being another dealer trying to make her look bad... really!  Buyers beware of anything unsigned unless you have experience identifing Schreiner pieces, and don't believe them if they claimed it's verrified.  Sometimes I will post on a piece if it is clearly a Schreiner piece, and allow the seller to use my post.  Many books have poor information about my family's business.  One dealer claimed Sphinx is a hallmark of Schreiner, and listed some book from the 70ss, that stated it.  Schreiner Jewelry was only made in NYC, not in Europe, or any place else.  We did design for many of the best ready-to-wear, designers of the 30ss- 70ss, that was sold to them unsigned, but only made by us in NYC.  These pieces were sold with the garment.  Hope this helps new collectors, and best of luck to you!

SOME POSTS IN THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN EDITED.  ALL EDITES WILL BE IN CAPS AND IN RED. - SANDY, BOARD MODERATOR.

Message 1 of 1,002
latest reply
1,001 REPLIES 1,001

Re: The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

Thank y’all so much. 

Message 811 of 1,002
latest reply

They are cast, so no

Message 812 of 1,002
latest reply

Hello beekeeper.  Hope you are having a great weekend I have a pair of dangle earrings with a baroque pearl and am wondering if they are yours (if not, I'm left with Richelieu or Weiss since Weiss offered the same earrings as yours in the att. 1964 ad I found which is the closest I could find to mineschreiner ear.jpg).  Thanks in advance for your comments.   

Message 813 of 1,002
latest reply

Yes, these are ours.

Message 814 of 1,002
latest reply

ebay should step in and have items sent through authenticator. Just like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Nike, Coach, and other items on this platform. Which is nice that they do that. Verifications weather it's fake or not through seller and buyer. ebay acts as mediator. 

Message 815 of 1,002
latest reply

Hello..,My EBay user ID is: met56opera 

This is my photo. While I’m flattered that you used it to describe distinct construction, I’d have appreciated asking permission to use it. No big deal. Just a courtesy.

Am enjoying and learning so much from these discussions. Very interesting and informative. Thank you for taking the time to address each and every inquiry in great detail. 

Marian Patin

Message 816 of 1,002
latest reply

It happens that people believe just because a piece is NOT on Schreinery.com that it’s not Schreiner.  Which is completely false. I’ve submitted many signed and unsigned Schreiner to be added but they delete my request every time…..Very frustrating.

Message 817 of 1,002
latest reply

Beautiful brooch in elegant muted hues. Stephen mentioned the ‘molded’ or ‘pressed glass’ pear-shaped stones in Ruby-red. I have a beautiful brooch of such.  Backside is just as intricate and intriguing as the front.

IMG_1572.jpeg

IMG_1576.jpeg

Message 818 of 1,002
latest reply

Yes! I was the seller of that same brooch/pendant without the chain. One of my favorite pieces with copper setting. Glad to see it again.

Message 819 of 1,002
latest reply

@met56opera , I've been following you for a long time and am in awe of your pieces.  You are one of my, if not my, favorite seller!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 820 of 1,002
latest reply

Again, I’m truly flattered that you’re using my photo to show specific examples of your dad’s brilliant workmanship. Please, I’d appreciate asking my permission as a courtesy.

One of my favorite Schreiner brooches. So fun to photograph as the multi dimensional structure is interesting. And those molded glass leaves are exquisite.

Thank you so much.

Message 821 of 1,002
latest reply

Awe, thank you very much! I’m so smitten with beautiful objects. My heart pitter-patters to no end. And selling these outstanding Schreiner pieces is like selling one of my children! Lol

Message 822 of 1,002
latest reply

Oh! Don’t get me going on all the so called ‘Schreiner’ pieces out there. I’d say at least 80% of those ‘Schreiner’ are not. I’m the Schreiner Police! I can’t help but message these sellers informing, very nicely of course, that what they they’re selling is NOT Schreiner but…so and so..To me it really is disrespectful to the great artistry of Schreiner to integrate their junk as such. It’s exhausting! And frustrating….

Message 823 of 1,002
latest reply

REPORT THEM TO THE SCHREINER POLICE🔥

Message 824 of 1,002
latest reply

Don’t get me going on that site’s issues either. I was selling an unsigned Schreiner brooch that was exactly the same as a signed one on Schreinery.com…I had permission from the owner to use her photograph for my listing. The next thing I know, EBay removed it as it had been reported to be counterfeit!!!! Huh?!?!  The hench-woman from the site reported me to EBay Not to go on and on, but she did it twice, then told EBay sellers of Schreiner jewelry to block me. And anyone else the same. I was dumbfounded, needless to say.

Message 825 of 1,002
latest reply