cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Message For lucille.b and Others

And all other residents of Boulder, Co. 

Please know that our hearts are breaking right along with you and we offer up prayers for all those directly & indirectly affected.  Such a horrible thing to happen, as always.  It will NEVER make sense.

😭😭😭😭  😢😢😢

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

When these things happen, I have never been able to wrap my mind around it. 

I would like to include Atlanta in our prayers. 

Just totally senseless. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for posting this Sarah. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, Sandy..I meant to add Atlanta also..it just totally boggles the mind, how humans can be so evil towards others ..enough to make ya sick to your stomach.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Prayers for the citizens of Boulder. 🙏

Diane

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

🙏  The Boulder shooter killed a cop in the mess.  At least they got the shooter.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Prayers for Boulder.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Prayers and tears for all the innocent victims and their families.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Atlanta and Boulder are both just unbelievably sad.    Sending the families love and healing.  

💙💙💙

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the support, everyone. 

I live four blocks from this  store.

It's where I've shopped ever since I moved to Boulder, decades ago.   My daughter worked there in high school, DH got his Covid vaccine there two weeks ago, every piece of food in my refrigerator right now was purchased there.   We are friends with many of the employees.

The store has been there for decades, and it is located right in town, surrounded by residential.  It isn't like some box store that is out at the edge of town.  It's smack in the middle of neighborhoods so has a real connection with neighbors.  Also close to the middle school and high school, and a major hangout for kids.  Many of the employees have worked there forever, and it was the kind of place where more often than not, you would run into someone you knew.   Girl Scouts sold cookies outside,  they had some of those mechanical horses children rode on for one penny.  Even though technically a national chain (Kroger) it was a true neighborhood store, a bit old-timey if anything.

You cannot imagine the stress and heartbreak.    And even as I write this I can hear a helicopter flying by related to some news broadcast.

Makes absolutely no sense and our hearts bleed for the families of the victims.   This whole Covid disaster running simultaneously has made things even more miserable.   No hugging neighbors, gatherings must be distanced and masked.

This is so new, so painful, but must say the town is really rallying for the victim's families, fundraisers exceeding expectations. 

For security, the police put a very long tall metal fence up on one edge of the blown out windows store,  and it has become a rallying point. A memorial to behold!  At any given time 50-100 people are quietly paying their respect with flowers, poems, candles, art work they made.    Maybe 1000 or more bouquets, memories, candles, art work.  500 feet long with the most beautiful creative tributes, no two alike. 

We would all change it in a heartbeat if we could.   They still haven't released any info on motive, but the shooter apparently had mental illness.   So far seems to be no connection to anyone at this store, just random at this point, but info is still coming out.

Please pray for all survivors.   Of course for Atlanta, too.

Thank you.

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for your post, Janet.

We only see the horrors from a distance..reading the reality of it all thru your words, makes it even more heartbreaking (if that`s possible).

Prayers are still continuing for all.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thoughts going out to everyone.

The world has become so unsafe. On the weekend here in part of Metro Vancouver we had a Man go on a stabbing rampage at a Public Library Book Sale. He actually looked some of his victims in the eyes before stabbing them in the Face. No motive determined here either.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply