cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got a neg...

Just wanted to commiserate knowing you all would understand how I feel. This is the closed listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274571294898?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Not jools which is good. No word from the buyer before leaving the neg, he left it before requesting the return.

Then yesterday I got this from him:

After the return and I am refunded, you may request a feedback revision from EBay and I may change it.

I was thinking of replying:

If revising the feedback is the right thing to do I shouldn't have to request it. Revise it or not, it's up to you.

In the mean time I have blocked him 😟

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

So I got a neg...

So sorry for the neg 😠

Sounds like a negotiating tactic. Isn't that message suggesting something that is against the rules?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

I was wondering that, but at the point he sent it I had already agreed to the return and tracking showed it had been sent a couple of days before.

What bugs me most is the use of the word “may”, like he’s doing me a favor!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

So sorry you got a neg!! It really stinks! About the revision though, you do have to request it if you want it changed. A buyer can't just go in and take it back. I have a little story to tell on this one, sorry if it is too long.

I purchased a lot of jewelry on ebay, the description said some items were gold, 2 of them were not, they said one thing was silver, it wasn't. The one thing that really bothered me was a chain that was supposed to be 10k white gold, but was very clearly marked 925. Ok, I've dealt with this before, contact seller a couple times, no response after about a week, so I leave them a negative. I was pretty mad about the whole thing, and the negative was pretty scathing. About a month later, I finally get a message from the seller saying they hadn't logged into ebay in the past month, why would I leave such a bad review, etc etc. They offered to refund partially, to send me a gold necklace, and asked that I change my feedback. I said yes to the partial refund, no to sending me anything else, and that I would change the feedback if possible. 

Then I start looking in to how I can change the feedback. I learned the seller has to request the feedback change and it has to be done within a month of the feedback being left. That time had passed, so I tried to contact the seller and let them know they should try to request the change, and if it won't go through to contact ebay customer service and see if there is anything that can be done. Well, I've been blocked. I can't contact the seller any more. My hands are tied, I can't change the feedback, and I can't even let the seller know what happened. About another month later, I receive a letter in the mail chewing me out about the negative feedback. No return address. 

I still get a little mad about it... if you sell something on ebay, you should at least have some way of checking in afterwards to make sure the buyer isn't mad right? If you sell something as gold, it should be gold, right?? 

I know this story isn't in the same vein as your exact situation, but I wanted to share anyway, and I learned one important thing. You have to request the feedback change, and it has a time limit. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope your buyer will change the feedback.  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

Well, that's just stupid that someone can't revise the feedback they left! I think I'll just lave it, my response shows they didn't read the listing and should have not left a neg.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

Contact customer service.  I had someone leave me a negative after asking for something that I denied. Customer service  looked at the messages from that person and removed it all together. Can't guarantee they will help but it is worth a try. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

Like many other things in the land of Ebay, this stinks!!  So sorry you`re having to deal with such, Marie.  

I agree.. your fb reply tells the real story.   More than likely CS is gonna turn a blind eye/ear to it all (but ya can always try  lol)

By now I think  most people read that kind of negative fb..along with the shouting & don`t hold it against the seller..even tho it still hurts

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

I guess eBay CS might take previous behaviour by Buyer into account? I do agree about reply explaining reality. The whole shouting out lies to make them truth disease does not belong in the realm of FB.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

Sorry for your feedback. Another creep on Ebay, what a surprise!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

I'm not sure this qualifies as threatening to leave a neg since the buyer already did.  I would try reporting the situation as feedback extortion, which if CS is on the ball (a BIG if) will get it removed altogether.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

It is threatening to leave it there if they don't get their way. A threat is a threat.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

OK, I reported him for giving me a neg when the damage was disclosed in the listing. I also said the message he sent me seemed off.

I’ll let you know what, if anything, happens.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

Good for you for reporting them   Sorry you got the negative. The buyers know they kinda have the upper hand regardless of the situation and try to use it in their best interest. Thank goodness it happens only so very few times 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

All I can say I "wow" you were very thorough in your description, you mentioned what he complained about in his feedback.

Call CS and have them look at your listing and then his FB for you.

It's kind of a stretch but he's sort of asking/complaining about something that wasn't in the listing (a not rusted reel.)

Oh well when you have a half hour to spare with the CS reps 🙂 Or you can try EBay for business on Facebook. They're pretty prompt and they do get things done.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

So I got a neg...

I'd be willing to bet that buyer did not read your full description.  This happens constantly at work.  So much so that in the condition box I always write:  "MOBILE USERS: See FULL DESCRIPTION for details, pictures and condition."  They still don't read it.  

I believe you have a good case for having the neg removed since you disclosed the rust (did he really try to watch it?), and his message about maybe changing the feedback borders on policy violation.  Might be worth a try.  Good luck and sorry this happened to you. 

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 15 of 19
latest reply