cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got a neg...

Just wanted to commiserate knowing you all would understand how I feel. This is the closed listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274571294898?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Not jools which is good. No word from the buyer before leaving the neg, he left it before requesting the return.

Then yesterday I got this from him:

After the return and I am refunded, you may request a feedback revision from EBay and I may change it.

I was thinking of replying:

If revising the feedback is the right thing to do I shouldn't have to request it. Revise it or not, it's up to you.

In the mean time I have blocked him 😟

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: So I got a neg...

yes, you could get ebay to remove, if you don't mind the wait on hold..  I have ha past issues, and they have been very good about taking care of a similar situation.  a well, you could ask the buyer, almost sounds like the buyer was holding your feedback as ransom, offering to retract after the refund !

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Sorry about the negative Marie.  

I got my first ever negative about a year ago.  So after 20+ years of selling along came this nasty buyer.  No communication no nothing, just out of the blue a negative.

Since I inspect every piece that goes out of here AND package items in such a way that if a stone were to come out during shipping it would just be loose in the container.   Anyway this buyer lied and I had the pictures to prove it.  After ugly emails which were geared toward a partial refund, I held strong to my no return policy and finally had to contact eBay to stop her from contacting me.  I ate the negative, put her on my no bidder list and went on with life.  It just wasn't worth the trouble.  I replied to her feedback truthfully.

I  can also say it really hasn't effected my sells at all.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Bravo to you, @mforjan  for having the wisdom to see the bigger picture.

I agree, let the negative stand as a reflection on the buyer. 

The buyer seems like a professional at feedback extortion. Ebay publishes the number of feedback revisions on feedback received. Be interesting to see that number on feedback left as well.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Thinking more about his use of "may" I bet he got in trouble for feedback extortion in the past and is careful to say he "may revise" rather than he will.

He is saying I should request a revision his feedback left, not received, so can I find out how many feedbacks that he left have been revised?

Message 19 of 19
latest reply