cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Tiger Eye Ring - Thoughts, Keywords

Searching through my stuff I bought ages ago while out thrifting I ran across this ring again. The stone is tiger eye (a given 🙂 and I wondered if it were silver, so I just tested it against a known silver piece and it tests for 925. Am I correct in saying artisan made southwest? I know from years ago it cannot be called Navajo because of the unsigned cuff I had back then that was unsigned but was sand casted. Keywords I have come up with are by-pass, leaf and bezel set stone then I go blank.  What say any of you? Thanks ya"ll.

DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPGDSC_0003.JPGDSC_0004.JPGDSC_0005.JPGDSC_0007.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It’s lovely.  I like bypass.  I might add cabochon.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The stone looks kind of dark to me, with a red hue? I would definitely put in the title if it is red tiger's eye. Otherwise, bypass, artisan, southwest for sure, maybe organic? You kind of have to think what would your buyer be searching for. This is probably what I would use as a title: "Vintage Sterling Silver 925 Red Tigers Eye Artisan Leaf Organic Bypass Ring Sz (whatever the size is)" I think having the size in the title is helpful for rings especially. I think it is a really cool and unique piece!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Good looking artisan ring.  I don't see a lot of southwest in the design.  The silver looks brushed or matte. Double shank. Bypass. Nice quality.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

yes, I like Christinesclassic idea.  does not look native american to me, maybe Danish Scandanavian? or just some artist having fun, not really any truly traditional style I think of...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Dana -cabochon yes, Hugs hun. 

Dream - I will scratch southwest as I see that too. Aww good keywords thanks.

CCJ - Yes I will have the size for it, and thanks for the title words. Great.

My pictures are just horrible and those would not be used in a listing. Here is a better pic of the front I edited in lightroom shows a lot of noise. I have 4 edit programs and just need to find the best one to use.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Kari,  smiles back. 🥹

I agree with the NOT Southwestern look.  I was thinking that,  but not quite sure so I didn’t say it.  Just wanted to give another vote for NOT.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts on this. I got better photo's. Hardest one to take so outside I went. Here is a pic. And yes I believe it to be red tiger eye.

S 13.JPG

Message 8 of 8
latest reply