cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell beads, junk or not???

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but does anyone know what kind of shell beads these are?  I have about 25-30" but in my opinion they are not strung as a necklace but I think more to take apart and use as beads as the end that was knotted to keep them together is frayed and rough looking, not finished the way a necklace would be.  I was going to throw them away but then saw some trochus beads/necklace that have sold at a good price, so not sure if these are junk or not.

SHELLS.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Could they be used for macrame or other crafts?  Maybe shellac then into a table top for decorations? 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

the only shell beads I know that are of value are mareener shells and those from nihau.  These dont look like either of those.  I cant say much more tho, Id hate to say they werent valuable wiothout actually knowing what type of shell they were.

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 3
latest reply