cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion's please

Good morning everyone.

I posted this earlier in the wrong group...pre coffee

This cuff bracelet has no marking, and appears to be silver and old.

I don't have anyway to test, but what do you think the center is. Looks like a carved Jade buddha, but is it Jade?  I only say Jade for the obvious reason, it's green.   Could it be Cinnabar ?

betjohston_0_0-1628446744178.jpeg

betjohston_0_1-1628446744136.jpeg

betjohston_0_2-1628446744144.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Opinion's please

It looks like green cinnabar. I wouldn’t rule out Malachite either. A head scratcher for sure. 

I would find a good boutique jeweler and ask them to give it a looksie.

Diane

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Opinion's please

My opinion is molded glass.

Sandy
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Opinion's please

wrong color for jade.

Cast glass is most likly correct. Note it may have been added to the item later....

You need to have the metal tested. I see some green on the metal that usually means not silver.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Opinion's please

I`m incline to agree with Don in that it may be a replacement..I see bending of the bezel

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Opinion's please

Throwing my hat in the ring and guessing it's dyed carved resin.  Tap it on your tooth and listen for a clunk or a tink 😀.  Does it feel cold or room temperature?

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Opinion's please

I think I also see a replacement. It seems to be a sympathetic one though with the South Asian / Indonesian Goddess. To me the Silver one Paisley Style embellishments would partner with the blue Cameo like center Stone. If it were a plain Bracelet my first thought was Etruscan Revival.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Opinion's please

I can't thank you all enough for your help.

I think maybe I should take to jewerly store ..... I don't want to mislead anyone

I have several pieces of I think are jade, just to be clarified, so maybe would be a good time.  

I'll let you know what I find out.

Beth

Message 8 of 8
latest reply