cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion's please

Good morning everyone.

I posted this earlier in the wrong group...pre coffee

This cuff bracelet has no marking, and appears to be silver and old.

I don't have anyway to test, but what do you think the center is. Looks like a carved Jade buddha, but is it Jade?  I only say Jade for the obvious reason, it's green.   Could it be Cinnabar ?

betjohston_0_0-1628446744178.jpeg

betjohston_0_1-1628446744136.jpeg

betjohston_0_2-1628446744144.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Opinion's please

It looks like green cinnabar. I wouldn’t rule out Malachite either. A head scratcher for sure. 

I would find a good boutique jeweler and ask them to give it a looksie.

Diane

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

My opinion is molded glass.

Sandy
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

wrong color for jade.

Cast glass is most likly correct. Note it may have been added to the item later....

You need to have the metal tested. I see some green on the metal that usually means not silver.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I`m incline to agree with Don in that it may be a replacement..I see bending of the bezel

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Throwing my hat in the ring and guessing it's dyed carved resin.  Tap it on your tooth and listen for a clunk or a tink 😀.  Does it feel cold or room temperature?

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think I also see a replacement. It seems to be a sympathetic one though with the South Asian / Indonesian Goddess. To me the Silver one Paisley Style embellishments would partner with the blue Cameo like center Stone. If it were a plain Bracelet my first thought was Etruscan Revival.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I can't thank you all enough for your help.

I think maybe I should take to jewerly store ..... I don't want to mislead anyone

I have several pieces of I think are jade, just to be clarified, so maybe would be a good time.  

I'll let you know what I find out.

Beth

Message 8 of 8
latest reply