cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old slide bracelet ...need info

I love this bracelet but never wear it so think I will list it.  It is a slide bracelet that does not lie flat, no clasp except for safety chain.  Combination of cabochons with both a snake and a dragon.  Intaglio as well.   Is this Victorian?  Ideas on age or country of origin would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for looking.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Old slide bracelet ...need info

Are these charms perhaps old watch fob charms?? I have sold several highly ornate ones in past

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Old slide bracelet ...need info

I think this type of sliding charm does have an ambience in decor that resembles fobs, though believe they were made for bracelets or possibly necklaces.

The only question I had at first, was about the open-back. I think this type of back is rather unique. At first glance, I wondered if the bracelet once had a clasp in addition to the safety chain. Similar ones I've seen or owned before have had tongue in groove clasps or wide fold-overs. As long as the two ends are finished off properly to be a functional open-back, I assume it's an element of the design. But I still wonder how the two ends remain in place when worn. 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply