cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Ebay Pages Taking Forever to Load

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using a desktop computer and Chrome. Same thing on my Android tablet.

This has been going on for the last several days, maybe the entire past week.

Seems to be affecting many people after reading the online comments about it so it's not just me.

I can see potential buyers just giving up when the listings pages take so long to load. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: OT: Ebay Pages Taking Forever to Load

I should add that I've cleared my cache and run my anti-virus & malware programs. Nothing malicious found. 

Ebay reminds me of the Titanic. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Same here for me!  Mine just started this afternoon..had been fine till then. 

I`ve done the same as you....so who knows what evil lurks in their minds now Cat Wink

I do know I had a brand new sign in page I`d never seen before after doing all my maintenance

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I don't know if this is connected but it's my best theory:  this is likely due to updating.  There was an update the other day (Microsoft, I think) that caused problems with both my computers and shut off my AVG.  It took me nearly 3 hours to get that little lot sorted out.  Seems like the problems here on eBay began about the same time.  If I'm correct in my guess that this is the issue, then eBay needs to get to work on this.  Certainly this is not the first time that an update has fouled things up here.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I too have had a recent look on the sign-in page. It's something of a mess where the password goes - garbled symbols but I can still enter my password.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Same here trying to get this post to load was liking watching grass grow.

New sign in page too, EVERY time I wanted to make or revise a listing!!!!

I kept checking the box "keep me signed in" and it would have none of that.

It's definitely eBay-I was on the "M" site and the pics were loaded before I could copy/past my title info!!!  

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@zzydny wrote:

I don't know if this is connected but it's my best theory:  this is likely due to updating.  There was an update the other day (Microsoft, I think) that caused problems with both my computers and shut off my AVG.  It took me nearly 3 hours to get that little lot sorted out.  Seems like the problems here on eBay began about the same time.  If I'm correct in my guess that this is the issue, then eBay needs to get to work on this.  Certainly this is not the first time that an update has fouled things up here.

I doubt that Microsoft would have any effect on Chrome or an Android device.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@vernon1959 wrote:

Same here trying to get this post to load was liking watching grass grow.

New sign in page too, EVERY time I wanted to make or revise a listing!!!!

I kept checking the box "keep me signed in" and it would have none of that.

It's definitely eBay-I was on the "M" site and the pics were loaded before I could copy/past my title info!!!  

Yeah, Ebay on my Android tablet kept wanting me to sign in every time I went there. Go there. And I wasn't listing anything

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Ebay's pages take so long to load that my tablet's screen keeps going into sleep mode.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I'm giving up on listing anything now.  Going to bed.  Slow slow and yes my sign on page  is strange

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

It's even slower today.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

But of course!!!  Ebay changes things & WE suffer the pains 

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/8/1534561848.html

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Wonder if it has anything to do with the problem I saw reported on ECB this morning - text is either switching to a Cyrillic font or getting reversed right-to-left.

Seems like every day it's something...

flotsamlogo
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

It's doing it to me now too.  It's a good thing I use Schedule and pay the extra dime, or I'd never be getting anything listed today.  UGH.  

Worse, now I'm getting that See Details garbage on my PC as well as my tablet.  WHY are we supposed to write descriptions if no one's going to see them?!  ARGGGGGGGH!

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

If I was on the financial end of Ebay and I knew about this, I'd be concerned about lost revenue due to buyers getting frustrated and not waiting for things to load, and sellers getting frustrated and not listing things.

If anyone has a direct pipeline to someone at Ebay who can make things happen, feel free to forward this thread to them. The Ebay frontline foot soldiers don't seem to be able to do anything that's not covered in their customer support manuals.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply