cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER CHAT

sam_0944

As we fall into winter we look forward to crisp air, fiery leaves, apple cider, pumpkin spice, bomb fires, holiday fun and chatting with our jewelry friends.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Good morning to all!   

As much as I LOVE summer & the warmth (heat doesn`t bother me 1 bit  lol) I am now ready for a wee bit cooler temps.

Haven`t posted a recipe in ages..so here is one I made Saturday..it`s quite yummy!!

I made it exactly by the instructions , sprinkling some choco chips I had ground in the food processor on top instead of choco syrup. 

Note:  Just make sure your filling is completely cool before adding in the Cool Whip so it doesn`t 'melt'.

marshmallow2.png

Amish Marshmallow Pie

• ½ cup milk
  • ¼ cup butter
  • 10 oz. package mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup Cool Whip
  • chopped chocolate pieces or chocolate syrup
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
 Instructions
  1. Melt marshmallows in pan over low heat with milk and butter.
  2. Let cool completely, then mix in whipped topping.
  3. Spoon into pie crust and top with chocolate pieces or syrup to your taste.
  4. Refridgerate.

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 93
latest reply

oooo sarah, that sounds yummy and even better it doesn't require a 'pie crust'!!

things are good here for the most part. We're hoping for some rain, supposed to get some today/tomorrow/Thursday and maybe into the weekend! we sure need it, altho i'm sure the farmers would rather it hold off. i'll be glad since it should wash some of the allergy causing **bleep** from the air! I"m snorty/snotty/sneezey!

I love fall, I hate that it usually makes me sick. I've been keeping myself very well medicated this year, with my sinus drugs and doing my sinus rinse every AM. So far, so good! I'm not nearly as ucky as I usually am this time of year, so I'd say that's a win!

Bow season (deer hunting) started on Sunday, Oct 1. I kinda of thought we'd be done camping, but no, hubby says we'll camp until it's too cold, then he'll hunt. Okie dokie, dearheart, but the freezer's getting kind of low! LOL
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 3 of 93
latest reply

Having company for spaghetti dinner tonite..here`s the dessrt ready to cook..

DSCN0152.JPG

Lemon Pudding Dump Cake

Spray slow cooker with Pam

Pour in 2 cans of Lemon Pie Filling & spread evenly

Melt 1 stick of butter & mix with 1 box Lemon Cake Mix  (I could just eat this by itself with a spoon! Cat Very Happy )   & then crumble over the pudding & cook on low 4 hours or high 2 hours. 

If you look up Crockpot Dump Cakes on Pinterest there`s a ton of combinations you can do.

Here`s what it will look like finshed..kinda reminds me of a warm Lemon Pudding Cake mom used to make many years ago

Lemon Pudding Cake.jpg

ps..that`s turkey breasts I canned yesterday in the background.  (yep..still canning)   Store had a bargain on Jennie-O breasts..I canned them in Knorrs Tomato & Chicken Bullion. Yum! 

Message 4 of 93
latest reply

Oh that looks yummy!! I've been wanting to dry some crock pot dump cakes, but I'm the only one in my house who eats sweets and i'd have to eat the whole dang crock pot full, lmao...

So this has happened (again)....

silver broken.jpg

Hubby broken his wedding ring for the 3rd time (dang you gas line!!!). He broke the first one, we got him a new one, he broke the new one, I had it fixed, then he broke the fixed one...sigh...

so I bought him this...

silicon alone.jpg

Its a silicon wedding band ring. Hopefully he likes it...i am concerned because it is twice the width and his metal one...

on side.jpg

Hopfully it is ok, otherwise i'll have to see if I can find a slimmer silicon one. I think the silicon will be better, and safer for him, anyway. The good news is it's his favorite color (grey).

I thought about starting a new thread, entitled: Let's see you break this one, sucka!!! then decided I would be jinxing myself and he'd find a way to break the silicon one! LOL

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 5 of 93
latest reply

Lol I was thinking rubberband till I saw what ya got him! 

He`s lucky he doesn`t get his finger ripped off!

Message 6 of 93
latest reply

Sarah, he's a plumber and for the most part works with plastic (tho he'd shoot me for calling it that, but danged if i can remember what it is...oh PVC! LMAO) which can cut you up pretty good. Since gas line has to be plumbed (who knew? I sure didn't before we got together) he plumbs a lot of it and it's actually screwed together using pretty huge pipe wrenches (mostly over head) and he's left handed, so guess where *most* of the wrench pressure goes...yep, right on the ring!

So, while I know he won't break it doing gas line, he might snap it some other way, lol

And yes, this ring is much safer for him no matter what he's doing. At some point I might actually replace the sterling sliver ring...only to be worn while NOT at work! 🙂 HAHA In fact I'm considering getting myself a matching one to wear when we go to the river and things like that! It was only $8 (no way was I spending much more than that on an experiment) so losing it is not gonna be a big deal!
Message 7 of 93
latest reply

Also, we're considering getting our rings tattoo'd onto our fingers...not sure about it at this point...
Message 8 of 93
latest reply

and...he doesn't like it. I'm not sure if it's too tight or too wide. He's currently go it stretched over a bottle cap to see if that helps. It's not slick like a metal one, and so I'm guessing that's the actual problem...

I'm going to find his first broken ring, and take it and the new broken and have them both fixed, then he has a back up (that is if they can fix the one that's been broken twice now...)

I'm also looking at thinner silicon rings, and I might try one of those in the mean time...
Message 9 of 93
latest reply

Yum...got any cake left Sarah?  LOL  I got a couple of those cups of cake that you make in the microwave.  Haven't tried them yet.  Chuck is the big cake eater here.

Frogi, yeah men and rings just don't work out when they work with their hands and tools.  Hope you find something that will make you both happy.

Not much happening here.  I have been trying to get to the Y at least twice a week for my morning twinges in the hinges class.  Then they have free swim in the therapy pool in the afternoon.  Chuck went once last week, but hasn't felt up to it this week.

We had his daughters here last week.  Mo was here Saturday through Tuesday and then Kim came right in behind her on Friday and was here until Monday.  Think it kind of wore him out.  So he has been doing lots of sleeping.

Did you see another storm is scheduled to hit the US again this week-end.  It has New Orleans in it's sites this time.  It's so depressing.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 93
latest reply

He's actually installing gas line today....without a ring, lol, oops. I keep meaning to have him do the ring sizer thing again and I keep forgetting. I'm just going to order him another silver ring. He doesn't want a thinner silicon one...it's not slick and he can't "tink" it against things! ugh! Men! LOL I think getting us matching tattoos on the ring finger would work out better. Mine will be covered while i'm wearing my ring (which is important for work, lol). I dont know...this ring thing is a pain in my rear end, lol

I used to go to the Y at least 3 times aweek. They had a nice indoor track that I loved. Now i'm too far away from them...:(. Mine didn't have a swimming pool tho there was talk about putting one in...

Rained all weekend, so no camping 😞 oh well, maybe next weekend!

I don't have Columbus day off, which stinks because there is no one open on my square except for me and the bar/grill next door...the bar/grill across the street doesn't open until 4...bank is closed, po is closed, hair places are both closed as is the other insurance co! LOL
Message 11 of 93
latest reply

Aww too bad ya had to work today, fredi.  I really need to get back on the treadmill..just trying to talk myself into it!  So far I am ignoring me. Woman LOL

This is my masterpiece I finished today, for a friend`s birthday next month.

Found the pierced angel can at a thrift last week & painted it lavender & made glass bead windchimes.  Found the little copper cowbells on ebay.  They sound so cute! . Took a handle from a small galvanized bucket I had. I think it turned out pretty good.  

I also have a watering can and a small birdhouse to do chimes also..for me! Cat Very Happy

DSCN0223.JPG

Message 12 of 93
latest reply

I should probably get with an exercise program but i bet I don't, lol. I have way to much going on in the evenings to exercise (and everyone says oh you get an hour lunch do it then. Uh, no. I need that hour to not want to be able to do my job, so no thank you... plus who wants to go back to work all sweaty and stuff all afternoon? not me!)

I love that, its beautiful! I wish I could do crafty things like that!
Message 13 of 93
latest reply

Fredi , Sounds like you are having a time with the hubby and his rings. Sheeez ...I'm curious do either of you have any other tattoos or would the rings be the first ? 

Sarah , The windchime it cute , cute , cute ! She should be thrilled to get it . I love it when someone takes the time to make you something.  Well done ! 

Sandy , what was the name of that weekly class agin ?  Lol 😜

Mermaid 🐳

Message 14 of 93
latest reply

Oh yeah ......Twinges in the hinges .....LMAO

Message 15 of 93
latest reply