cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not reverse carved-encased lucite? Help/thoughts appreciated!

Old screwbacks, thought they were reverse carved, but they are not. Is "encased" the right term? Also not sure if they are six point stars or maybe pinwheels. Thanks for help!

DSC00277.JPGDSC00278.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Encased is what I would use.

Carolynheart

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

To me, encased would mean that the design is totally covered by the Lucite. Reversed carved would mean that the pieces were carved from the back and then colored material fills the void, but the back is not sealed with the Lucite.

They look like reverse carved Lucite to me, I think I can see where the fill material is exposed on the back?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

perhaps the word embedded  wouldd wwork in this case.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Here's more pics, thanks for replies 🙂

DSC00009.JPGDSC00010.JPGDSC00008.JPG

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Agree with mforjan. It looks reverse carved to me; the opening is hidden under the screwback finding. Still unusual because of the color and the little rhinestone in the middle.

flotsamlogo
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

In this case, I think your earrings maybe both encased and reversed carved.  The clear rhinestone appears to be "encased" in the Lucite rather than "inserted" on the top of the Lucite.  So it depends on how the rhinestone is set in the Lucite.  The flowers on the other had appears to be reverse carved and then colored material is inserted in the carved out cavities.  So the rhinestone is encased and the flower is reverse carved.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for replies, i'm looking as closely as I can, and it seems that the center is carved and left clear vs a rhinestone embedded. I thought they were unusual when I saw them Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
latest reply