cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long shot, any idea of maker?

Curious if anyone has run across similar that might point to a maker for this 28" necklace.

Was at an estate with some nicer pieces, 1980s/90s costume Dior and similar level.  I feel like part of the clasp might be missing, maybe could have had a name.  It seems like the the open hook and ring wouldn't totally hold this together 100% of the time, but possibly was always like that. 

In the hand feels like it has some better (costume) quality.  The faceted glass is heavy and nice, squares, rectangles and ovals.   I actually bought it at first thinking I might take it apart and use it for something else, but  I'm a little more of a mind to keep as a necklace and just fix up the clasp.

Any guesses on maker?  Thanks.

mys3.jpgmys3b.jpgmys4.jpgmys5a.jpg

Anyway

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

NO idea who made it..but I like it.  Perfect for spring.  It looks like it would hold  ok to me..have seen lots of hook & ring pcs

I bet that puppy would really shine using a sunshine cloth on the metal & giving the glass a good clean.  (but that`s just me  lol)

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It is one of ours, Schreiner.  And, yes you are missing part of it.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Wow, Beekeeper.  You just made my day!  Honestly speechless and grateful for you taking the time to share your expertise.

Can you share some pointers how you ID'd this as Schreiner?  Was it the look of the stones and the style of the setting?   Learning here.

Suddenly was asking myself, could this have been a belt possibly? 

Thank you, both!  😍

Yes, 1940fc, I'll clean it up.  More carefully than ever, now!

Cheers,

Lucille

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Beautiful! I love the colors, prongs & inverted stones 💜

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Dang it!  Shoulda went with my first guess when I saw the stones..but figured I`d look silly guessing Schreiner.  lol 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Lucille,  

Such great news for you !  When you said 80 - 90s my immediate thought was it looks like Joan Rivers until I saw the close up of the prongs,  then I thought nope.   
Congratulations, 

Mermaid 🌸🦋🌼

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

First and foremost it has my dad's handmade hook.  The hand soldered closed rings.  I learned to tack them when I was about 4.  We made something like it to be used as a hand-bag strap, but the rings were heaver, and soldered off center to keep it from rolling. Too bad it's not complete!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@beekeeper_42 

Is this piece missing the 5 piece extender? 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yes, part is missing

Message 10 of 10
latest reply