cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing a Charm Bracelet

I have a charm bracelet that belonged to my mother.

It has already been evaluated by a GIA jeweler.

This is NOT costume jewelry

The gold portion of the charms is solid.

From memory they are 10k and 14k.

My question is at what point is it better to sell it as jewelry as opposed to precious metal?

Given time I can come up with images AND the GIA evaluation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Listing a Charm Bracelet

If you list it, you will need detailed photos and clear descriptions.  My feeling is that nice jewelry generally does better as jewelry and usually sells for well over scrap value.  Charm bracelets are generally desirable.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Listing a Charm Bracelet

I second this for sure!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Listing a Charm Bracelet

A recommendation that I consider reasonable is to remove the charms from the bracelet and list each separately.

This will avoid the problem of people liking some of the charms but not others.

That might result in higher total earnings than the whole bracelet as one piece.

Opinions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Listing a Charm Bracelet

are any of the charms engraved?  I agree that breaking it up ill earn more

If any are engraved Id suggest keeping them as they are part of your families history and engraved piece dont tend to sell as easily

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Listing a Charm Bracelet

Is the charm bracelet a dangle or slider type?  Is there a particular theme or are the charms generic?  If the charms aren't related to each other, your idea of selling them seperately might work.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Listing a Charm Bracelet

I agree depends on what type of charms. I sold a puffy heart bracelet and it was more money listing it than taking apart and selling charms seperate. I also have charms that I am looking for the perfect bracelet to put the charms on as it will sell better that way. Gold will always sell better than silver that is a given. With charms it all depends on are the moveable,are they 3D, are they signed?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Listing a Charm Bracelet

Vintage charm bracelets are very popular as collectibles. Individual charms can sell very well also. Most important to show the bracleet well, see pictures and it also helps to list charms by carat, especially if it is a very full bracelet. As has been said, separate pictures of small groups is very good. 

Then also include the total gold weight of the full bracelet. Give good detail of the catch. 

The pictures I have enclosed are for our customers insurance valautions. If you have a record of one of these dates no matter how old enclose it also. Charm.full bracelet.jpgfull bracelet.jpg

Charm Affair or Charm
Message 8 of 8
latest reply