cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a name for a setting with a bezel with prongs on the front and on the back?

And does it suggest a maker, country or era? Thanks for looking.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Is there a name for a setting with a bezel with prongs on the front and on the back?

Got a pic? 

I remember many moons ago having one with pastel glass (not crystal) bezel set discs.

I called it a Swarovski wanna be  lol. 

Was goldtone chain & had prongs on both sides of the bezel settings.  

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Sarah, I bought it yesterday so I'll post a pic when I receive it. It's a pin with navettes held by 8 prongs. Not foil backed.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I've always called them prong and bezel set beveled aspirin crystals.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Woops!  I wuz automatically thinking of a necklace for some reason. 

I did some snooping...I did find a brooch with pastel bezel set marquis with  prongs front & back.  But what it`s actually called.. I dunno

Eager to see what ya got! 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Well, my brain's working today, so here's the auction #, you'll have to click on "sold items". Sorry about that, wasn't thinking. Maybe I'll call it double prong set.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hmmmmm...I don`t see an auction #.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I guess I spoke too soon. Here it is, 134618355023.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Very pretty & delicate!   You did good....but still don`t think there`s a definite terminology  

I`d probably do: Unfoiled marquis, bezel set, pronged front and back  (or something like that) when describing

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks dream. It just seems labor intensive to me as far as production is concerned. But I guess there's a reason for it.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Sarah, I'll probably just keep it. It looks a little off center, so maybe I can bend it here and there when it arrives.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Oh, I thought they were round until I saw the picture.  Not aspirin crystals, but a pretty brooch!  I do see where you described them as navettes.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yeah, my bad, Sarah thought the same as you. Hopefully I'll see one with those settings that's signed.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply