cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me or...

This Miriam Haskell brooch is listed for $498.00 in excellent condition.  Your thoughts?

haskell1.pnghaskell2.png

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is it me or...

Looks like one section is missing to me, wish there was a better pic of the back to show the edges there. On the other E website, (.com/listing/1131233012/vintage-unsigned-miriam-haskell-ginger) there is a listing for the diamond shaped filigree piece. But this piece looks like it was made from sections, and I found another brooch on worthpoint that is made from the same sections https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lot-vintage-miriam-haskell-green-pins-2075015175  It is a mystery!

Editing to add: If it was made this way or not, I wouldn't consider this to be in "excellent" condition with the darkening stones, bent corners, and possible missing setting on the lowest point, I would say fair to good IF the piece was originally made this way.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

Looks like a missing section.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

People can ask whatever they want for an item...doesn't necessarily mean it will sell for that price.

Listed for $498 and they may accept a $100 offer??? Buyer thinks they got a great deal 🙂

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

Thanks for your replies and for the links to similar pieces, Christine.  What's puzzling me is that the seller has over 13,000 positive feedbacks, so I was wondering if she knows something I'm missing?  I feel like this is right out of "The Emperor's New Clothes," though 😆.  Oh, and because I looked at it, she offered me a discount of $58.00 off the price.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

After seeing Christine`s example  I messaged seller to see if missing anything..she referred to it as asymmetrical.

Upon closer inspection.. I think that`s possible & I`m basing it on the larger green stone at the juncture. It looks 'deliberate' to me 

But that`s just an uneducated guess.  🤔

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

I see the large green stone placed over the juncture, but 1/4 of it is showing in the back.  The other 3/4 are over the other pieces.  Intentional or asymmetrical, I doubt she'll be able to sell that brooch for anywhere near the asking price when there are other Haskell pieces in that range that are much prettier.  I'd have to see a picture of another one like it to be convinced.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

Ok..I see what ya mean about the green stone peeking, dream.  

I saw the ones Christine found

download.jpg

& I can see where a section could snap off easily now. 

along with the one on Worthpoint

And I agree on pricing..waaaaa too high🙄

1_33458e5d926ab81ec4a5b73d5770dd2b.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

Haskell was a talented designer. This piece was not designed.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

@dream*peddler 

Lovely! Very eclectic!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Is it me or...

Thanks for showing the pics, Sarah.  The piece in the 2nd picture could rightly be called asymmetric.  The original brooch just seems to be missing a piece.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply