cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help describing Tiffany ring and mark

I purchased this Tiffany ring from a charity recently. They have a jewler come and test and price the nice pieces so I am sure it is 14k as marked and he believes the Tiffany mark is correct. It is a little odd to me missing the &Co but there are signs on the band that it has been resized up so that may be where the &co went. How would you describe this design? I am waffling between pine cone and flower. D922B61C-4423-428A-9EDE-7E1D7B966631.jpeg

904479B5-253A-412E-BA75-ED5DB257C345.jpeg

8EAB3A70-2E2A-4B02-A1E5-1AB44AF3564F.jpeg

0DBBE59A-D579-4664-8242-18B5AC19DBF1.jpeg

2CD2E0A3-AC7F-444A-BF0C-20B517EC5296.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help describing Tiffany ring and mark

I think that you can believe the jeweler if it was tested, regarding the ring being 14k white gold, but that is as far as I would go with my belief.  The Tiffany signature doesn't look like it is well stamped, and the fact that it doesn't say "and Co" seems suspicious to me.  Even if it was made larger, that would be an odd place to do the work on the ring.  Most bench jewelers wouldn't remove an important part of the signature if it could be helped.  But, most importantly, to me, it's just too sloppy.

I don't really think that any jeweler can legitimize this ring...and their opinion isn't worth any more than mine in terms of validity.  

If you are thinking of reselling it, I'd say that I personally would not include any reference to Tiffany & Co. 

Just my opinion!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorry but I have to agree with everything already said . ^^^^^^^ 

On top of that the style of the ring just does not look like any T&Co. piece I've ever seen . It's just not well .....for lack of a better word ....PRETTY enough . 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yep.  It "smells" wrong, for lack of a better term.   I'm not even certain it's gold.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Caution.  That is not the Tiffany logo, with or without the "& Co."  Tiffany uses a serif font, not a sans-serif.  

Debora

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Several Tiffany wedding bands have a sans serif font. And heritage auctions has a sans serif font in their recognized Tiffany stamps for gold pieces. I did recheck it is 14k. I paid just a little over melt value so I am not super upset if it turns out to not be a true Tiffany. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It's a lovely piece regardless!  I hope it works out to be Tiffany for you!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply