cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST QUARTERLY CHAT OF 2024 - JAN, FEB, MARCH

2024 Board.jpg

ALL

ARE WELCOME HERE.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Well said!  Hoping everyone has a wonderful 2024..full of all things good & many happy sales. 

Been dealing with some not so good  life stuff...T is now in Home Hospice Care for about a month now (what a blessing) and he had a fall just a few days after going in..which most likely has accelerated his decline. Parkinsons & related dementia is no fun..I assure you.  He`s been in bed for 3 weeks now..hoping that eventually he might be able to get back on his feet..even if it means just getting to a wheelchair instead of constant bed.  But  the #1 cause of death with Parkinsons is falls..and he`s had a few last couple of years..so will just have to see.

But..he had 2 good days over the weekend..I`ll take all I can get. I know there`s gonna be highs & lows..for how long..nobody knows.   I know what I`m facing..it ain`t easy,  but I`m hanging in.  But I thank God for the special Hospice workers..dunno what I`d do with out them.

So that`s what I`ve been up to, & trying to sneak in some good things along the way!  😀

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Happy new year!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Happy New Year everybody!

In 2023 I got married to my soulmate, had a beautiful baby daughter, and moved into a wonderful new home. Very excited to see what 2024 brings (especially having my own eBay office now).

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Nuttin better than having your own Ebay space! 

Congrats on your wonderful new life & family!

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Sarah,  sending hugs and prayers for strength.  Give Me T a hug from me.  See the hospis nurses are angles here on earth.  I'm really sorry to hear about the turn T has taken.  Just remember to breath and take care of you too.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Happy New Year! Sarah, I'm sorry to hear about T.  My uncle had Parkinsons so I know what you're talking about. Sending prayers and hugs to you!

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

God Bless you Sarah! Prayers for strength during this difficult time. I do know your feelings, most specifically with the dementia side. ((HUGS))

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Hello all and happy new year! 

After taking some time away to travel and enjoy the holidays with family and friends I'm ready to get back into the swing of things here. Thoughts of the year (so far): wonder how new tax laws will play out; how to ramp up jewelry sales in low % categories; looking for good appraisers for items I can't identify; and having fun. 

May you have peace, good heath and prosperity! 

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Sarah, mom and I will keep you and T in our prayers. Sometimes you just have to tie a knot and hold on. 

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Thanks everyone..hanging onto a huge knot for sure.  😀 

T`s had couple good weeks now  (aka no problems other than a set back with UTI)  so I`ll take all those  days I can get. Overall he`s in great health..esp for bein 83!  If it wasn`t for the Parkinsons & dementia, life would be normal.

I am soooooooooooooo ready for spring!  I want/need to play in the dirt..but too dang cold!!   Gotta figure where I can start my seedlings inside  this year as Fredi comes in at night & his room is the enclosed front porch, where I normally have them

Have tried a couple times to get him & JJ to make nice with a door between them  lol..no luck..but I haven`t been vigilant with it.  Need to get serious..I`d love for him to stay in all the time..but that`s prob askin too much. 

Found a recipe for canning Salisbury Steak (which I love)  & I did some Tuesday..then I  canned another batch doing meatballs.  That way they can be served over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles.  Plan on canning up chicken breasts Monday.  I`d add a pkg to each of my grocery orders..so now have enough for 2 canner loads probably. We & the kitties eat of lot of it  lol 

So that`s about it..we`re in for another round of nasty weather today..just like  it was Tuesday..hope it`s not too terribly bad. 

Stay safe all!💙

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

What a fascinating story!!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-finds-a-253-year-old-fort-hidden-inside-the-walls-of-his-home/...

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Interesting read. Amazing how the mourning dress fit his wife perfectly.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Yeah,,I`d have been afraid of damaging it.  The fabric doesn`t look too comfortable  lol 

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Curious.. I feel I have lost my mind. So are any of you as crazy as me?! Was setting up to take photo's and well one of my prop items have gathered legs and walked off. It drives me nuts and now I will be on the search instead of doing what I intended. Ok prop, olly olly oxen free!!!!🤣

Hope everyone has a good weekend and good weather. We have one more day of rain before the temps drop slightly. 

Message 15 of 47
latest reply