cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyeroll Eye Candy Wednesday

I swear the COVID brings out the idiots and local stores hire them...  That aside, has anyone gotten out to find anything?  (I've found that I need to recharge my camera batteries.)  Keep the images smaller to speed loading, and as always no live auction stuff.

The first one is some early plastic rose earrings, not signed. The next is a relatively new Nolan Miller pin in original box.  The third is a bad shot (camera doesn't always focus when the batteries run down) of a D&E set I'd forgotten I had.  It has the figure 8 puddling all over the back.  

old plastic rosesold plastic rosesNolan Miller thistle in original boxNolan Miller thistle in original boxBad picture D&EBad picture D&E

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Absolutely no new finds this past week.

So here are a few playbacks from wayback.

This one I kept. 

Honker of a ring. Looks Austro Hungarian but no marksHonker of a ring. Looks Austro Hungarian but no marks

14k turquoise hat pin?

When I bought it, it was shaped into a ring. Very odd and I fixed that ASAP!

IMG_9753.JPG

These all  found new owners.

IMG_9812.JPG

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Was the monster ring aquamarine?  It looks like something I'd wear!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Yes, aquamarine, Ev. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Eve, that Nolan Miller is a knock out!  Drippy D&E is one of my favorites.

Arlene, the ring is wonderful it looks like it has garnet and seed pearl accents.  Very pretty.

Thought I might do a salute to unsigned beauties, not that I'm dome with my marcasites, but thought I would do a change up.

A couple of my favorite crystal sets.

UB771-1.JPGUB772-1.JPG

Pretty enough to eat

UB228.jpg

but it might be a little hard on your teeth!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

What a feast for the eyes, Sandy!  I love the blue brooch and earring set especially.

I went out to the thrift store for the first time this week and decided I am not missing much. 

Donations are down and many of the pickers are lining up before the store opens and  the place is cleared of all quality items after the first 10 minutes. So today I lined up with them.

Definitely not worth the aggravation and stress,  not to be repeated! 

I bought the following items. 

I plan to use this carved Chinese chest for storing jewelry.

Chinese carved chest, will be for storing jewelryChinese carved chest, will be for storing jewelry

Vintage ring box.

Sadly the box was missing the diamond ring!Sadly the box was missing the diamond ring!

A Kate Spade watch. Needs a new battery. But for $4 I chanced it and hope it works.

Rather stylish I think.Rather stylish I think.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Today was 25% off day at the Ill Will - the whole store.  It even took 25% off the half price items.  I bought the good stuff yesterday, because I knew it wouldn't wait until today.  Spent a little under $20 anyway on this and that.  

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Does your Ill Will have the 20% off cpns? Ours issues a 20% off cpn usable once a day on a $20 or more purchase exluding the 50% off items.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Nope; they're too cheap.  The Sally about half an hour away offers some good deals, but it's a small store without a lot of vintage stuff.  This Ill Will doesn't have much either.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I saw something at the thrift store (Value Village) yesterday that was interesting.

The person who prices the jewelry over the road at the Salvation Army thrift store  was shopping at Value Village bright and early and very carefully looking at each piece of jewelry. 

The quality of jewelry at Value Village is many times better than at the Sally Ann these days.  And that tells you how bad things are at the SA! 

I wonder if the Salvation Army is  holding items back for their auctions which are currently suspended due to Covid19? Or maybe donations are just not coming in, but whatever the reason, it is a barren wasteland. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

My local Goodwill (I was told by the check out clerk ) ships their jewelry donations else where as instructed by current management .
None end up in the display case as before.
Instead they display NEW jewelry(costume ) as is sold at local discount store (mine is a called Roses and Walmart on very nice retail fixer rounders
I explained that I was looking for the old costume jewelry and if I wanted NEW I would go to those stores to buy it
So I hunt for other things like vintage household items and clothing
Stay safe and healthy

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

They don't even jewelry at my local Ill Will anymore. They ship all of the jewelry to Phoenix and sell it online as bulk lots. The shipping and handling charges are out of control. I now stop at Boys and Girls, ST Vinnie, and Sally Ann more than I used to. They don't seem to put as good of items out but I have found some decent stuff.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Found this on Tuesday at the local Village. Love the colors and shapes. Interesting to me, the smallest beads, based on wear, appear to be plastic.

IMG_20200827_102846.jpg

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Love the design & colors on that OCN.  Kinda has a West Germany flavor to it.  

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Yes Sarah, very Germany Glam 💚
Message 15 of 16
latest reply