cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your Jewelry Categories when Listing!

Well, here's another "search" mess up.

I did a search for Carolyn's Givenchy bracelet.
(btw, I think it's beautiful). I typed in Givenchy bracelet and left the category box set
at "All Categories" (as I always do in order to pick up all listings) and then hit Search.
I couldn't find Carolyn's bracelet. I tried it again with the same results.

Then I noticed the category box automatically changed from All Catergories to Bracelets .
This brought up 273 listings.
I tried again, this time selecting the Jewelry & Watches categoy.
This brought up 511 listings and Carolyn's bracelet.
The sellers who chose:
Jewelry & Watches > Fashion Jewelry > Bracelets
as the category had their listings come up in all the searches
The Selllers who chose:
Jewelry & Watches > Vintage & Antique Jewelry > Costume > Designer Signed > Bracelets
as a category had their listings show up only when the "Jewelry & Watches" category
was selected.
Now here's another puzzler.
I have a Tortolani bracelet listed. I also selected the
Jewelry & Watches > Vintage & Antique Jewelry > Costume > Designer Signed > Bracelets
category as Carolyn did.
When I do a search using "Tortolani Bracelet" the category does NOT automatically change to
Bracelets as it does with the Givenchy search.

TEX
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I just tried it and it did that to me too Robot Frustrated

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yepper for sure messes all around.  I had to re-do a couple of searches I had saved the other day..basically said no such thing existed..after all these years!  Imagine that. 

Perhaps one of these days the powers that be that  think they have to mess with the programing right at the holidays, will get actual toys to play with & they will leave our stuff alone! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I had to re-set up several searches I've had for years, all of a sudden when I clicked on them I got a page that was for a blank search in the jewelry category. Why can't they just leave things alone!!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply