cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to selling and have a question please :-)

Hi all, been a long time. I have been lurking, I like keeping up with Sarah's Great Finishes threads!

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've sold on ebay and things have changed. My question is, do I really have to go in and fill in all the item specifics they ask for? If I don't does it mean my items won't be as widely seen? I did fill in everything that pertained to my items when I wrote the listing.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but like I said, it's been a long time and I just want it to go smoothly 😊

This is from my selling page:

MyItems.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Back to selling and have a question please :-)

I usually don't.  Some of them are required and will not allow you to list an item until filled in.  I prefer to have a thorough description.  When I look at my "items for sale", most of them say "10 missing item specifics" or something.  If it were a higher dollar item, I may try to fill more in.  

As a buyer, I usually use the pictures, typed description, and seller profile/feedback the most.  If it is something important like battery type, material, I will look at the specifics.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@mforjan Welcome back to selling. Make sure you read up on all the policies because MUCH has changed over the years. No, you don't have to fill out every single item specific as not everything applies to your item. The blues on the forum have said before that if an item specific doesn't apply to your item, then just leave it blank. They advised not to enter N/A or doesn't apply, just leave it blank. There are a few which are required, and your listing will not go through if you miss any of those. Don't worry you will receive a warning that you missed something should that happen. Other than those few things you will be fine. Best of luck in your selling....

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you both for your advice.

The one thing that got me was when one item sold last night, ebay said the buyer paid but they are holding the money from me until it is delivered. Do they now do that with everything, or is it because the item was 14k gold jewelry?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I was told that the more item specifics you can fill in, the better, for search results.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

never had that issue, have sold 14kt gold jewelry often.  First time hearing this!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I think as long as all the Requireds are filled in..& that infernal blue circle closes completely..you`ll be ok, Marie

And so good to see you back! You`ve been missed! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Hi Marie, good to see you.

As stated, you MUST fill in the required, all the rest of the item specifics are optional.  I have a list of item specifics I like to fill out and from there if there is a special item specific that fits my item, I will fill that out.

As for your money being held, my best guess is that since you haven't sold for a while they are holding the money as though you were a new seller.  

Good luck with your sells and again, welcome back.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Holds are typically placed on new sellers. Since you haven't sold in a while you will automatically fall into being treated as a new seller for a bit. Not about selling 14k gold jewelry, but about proving yourself as a seller once again.... 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thanks all!

Thank you Sarah, that's kind of you to say 😊

Hi Sandy, yea, I was wondering if that is why they are holding the money. It's not a problem for me thank goodness!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Marie, make sure you take a look at the new listing requirements/rules about listing fine jewelry and the new eBay authorizations on fine jewelry over $500.00.   

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yea, I saw that one in particular, I made sure to check since I have something for sale that will apply to 😒

On my other question, I think they held my funds because the process of using ebay instead of PayPal for my sales was not yet completed. I confirmed the mini deposits today so hopefully soon the whole process will be completed.

Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply