cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error??? Is anyone else getting these?

I often have to redo a post once or twice to get it through.  Javascript screwups, it seems.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Authentication error??? Is anyone else getting these?

Same here.

Vic

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@evelyb30 

Not sure if I can shed any light, other than to confirm it has happened to me (and many others), usually just after submitting a lengthy post.

If I see that red band while composing a post, I generally open up a community post in another browser tab and refresh it to make sure I am still signed in (or to sign in again if necessary). Then I go back to finish the original message, and copy the entire message to the clipboard (just in case it is lost). And then try to post. Most of the time that seems to work, but sometimes I have to back up, paste in the message again, and post again.

If I forget to copy the message and run into problems after attempting to post, sometimes I can go back to the original posting screen using the back button rather than the text link and see a teal band indicating that I have saved content (once I am signed in), and I am offered the option to load or discard it; that saved content may not be completely up to date, though.

Latest saved drafts can also be found at the bottom of your Community profile page if you get lost after trying to post.

If you are getting repeated sign-in messages in the Community boards, you might want to make sure your browser is set to accept (and keep) cookies, and perhaps manually erase your eBay cookies if you think there is a problem. Then go to your Account Site Preferences, and make sure the box at the bottom to keep you signed in to the community boards is checked, and hit apply.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

there is a glitch going on with that and the staff is aware of it and working on a solution

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

It happened to me last night and again just a few minutes ago. I was and am using an Android Galaxy tablet and Chrome.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

It's happened to me off and on for a long time, but lately it's nearly every time I write a post. I've learned to copy everything I'm working on *immediately* when I see any red bars. Then I cancel out of the screen I'm writing and go back to the "Reply" button and paste in the stuff I copied.  I've lost far too many posts over time. Never again if I can prevent it.

A.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Yes it’s happening to me as well.  

I really had not been having any issues with that until earlier today.  I thought it was because I was adding photos, but reading all of these comments maybe not.  

Mermaid 🐳

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Gee, it wouldn't be an Ebay bug, would it?

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Yup...it's been happening on and off for years. And it's why I started "Command+C" copying all posts before I hit the button so that I don't have to re-write anything...or remember what I wrote, lol. I also do this with eBay messages cuz I get errors there too.

Edited to add: Just happened agin with this very post! open_mouth

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@thekozz7 wrote:

Yup...it's been happening on and off for years. And it's why I started "Command+C" copying all posts before I hit the button so that I don't have to re-write anything...

No Command+C option on Android. 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Ctrl+C on Android/PC is the same function
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@magpie-market18 wrote:
Ctrl+C on Android/PC is the same function

I guess I have never noticed it. Thanks.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I had to retry the ECW post three times before I got it up.  It seems to hit on longer messages.  If you can move fast, you beat the red bar.  Go slow and no go.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

I had to retry the ECW post three times before I got it up.  It seems to hit on longer messages.  If you can move fast, you beat the red bar.  Go slow and no go.

Yes, that seems to be the case. Heaven forbid that we should stop and give thought to want we want to write next. We get kicked out of the message window.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I used to think it only happened when I was also watching a Youtube video.  Apparently the're unrelated.  

Message 15 of 24
latest reply