cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aliens & Lizards Necklace????

I found this wierd necklace, it has polmer clay beads, leather chain, and what looks to me like an alien pendant and 2 lizards on the sides, the pendants/lizards are heavy probably brass.  Has anyone seen anything like this, is there a theme of lizards and aliens out there somewhere that is popular???  I am assuming this is just some random artisan piece?  There are no markings on the brass.alienlizard1.jpg

alienlizards2.jpgalienlizard4.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

never seen anything quite like it but it does kindof remind me of pieces made from African trade pieces and brass.  Maybe it is a piece inspired by them?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes thank you for that...I hadn't thought of that and the beads look like the ones I see in that category.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Very Nice Piece. I was trying see if they were sold already?

Cause reminds me of stuf my fb watches on Ancietn Aliens.  🙂

I thought he would like it as a Gift, is all.

My First Time n a Group.  I'm New here, Hope it's Ok.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely, 

Tina Bryan

11/30/15

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

When I saw this I also wondered if it could be Afridan trade beads -- I have sold a few old strands with crude brass emebllishments on then -- have you done a tooh tap test to ensure it's polymer and not glass or pooerty?

KD - Remember, STORE searches = hidden treasure!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

pootery = pottery (had too much wine with dinner, LOL!)

KD - Remember, STORE searches = hidden treasure!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It's definitely made of African trade beads, age unknown, and what look like West African brass embellishments. Who put it together and where is a good question. I don't think it's particularly old.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I agree on African ,  if you check out the term "Senufo Twins" I believe this is what they were trying to depict in the pendant. But they do look like aliens 🙂

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The lobster clasp leads me to believe it is newer and probably made here in the states, posibly by an artisan, name unknown.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply