cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Hollycraft question, please

I have this set, or what I thought was set that includes a pendant/brooch and clip earrings.  The brooch is marked Hollycraft but without a date but I can't find a signature on the earrings at all.  It is my understanding that Hollycraft signed all their pieces so should I assume the earrings are not Hollycraft and someone just lucked out finding an exact style match to their brooch? Thanks for looking and for any advice or opinions.

DSCN5693.JPGDSCN5710.JPGDSCN5708.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

That is so definitely a set. I'm not sure if Hollycraft marked all their pieces, but it was common for other maker's to not necessarily mark all the pieces in a set. In this one, all the stones match perfectly, and I can't imagine the luck of another maker making the earrings, and then someone happening upon them. This set is absolutely gorgeous, btw. I am a huge sucker for those flawed emerald stones!!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks Christine.  That's exactly what I thought.  I did a bit more research and found that Hollycraft did not necessarily put the dates on their piece after the 1960's and that some pieces were not signed.  I agree that the possibility of finding two pieces that match so exactly being of different manufacturers is pretty slim.  I feel more comfortable selling as a set now. Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Also keep in mind...if they were only marked on the clips as some were...they could have been changed out at some time. 

Beautiful set! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you Sarah, that's very helpful.  I appreciate you taking a look.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Here's a snippet compliments of AI:

"By the 1940s, Hollycraft began marking its jewelry with foiled string tags. These tags read “Hollycraft” on the front and “Created by Hollywood Mfg. Co. New York” on the back."

The earrings could have had foil tags?

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

That's possible too.  Thanks for the info Dream.  Whatever the reason, I am pretty comfortable now to assume these were a set, thanks to you all.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Definitely, a set.  Beautiful.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Another vote for 100% definitely a set.  Lovely 😍

Message 9 of 9
latest reply